Lightning

Nitrous small dry shot on 6lb truck?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005 | 09:11 AM
|
nos

I already own two dry systems. They have worked flawlessly on all my fuel injected cars but the Lightning is a little different. Im not trying to be cheap. I just wanted to know why this wouldnt be no different than a cold day. Ive gotten some replies but none that answered my question. A 30 shot of cold air shouldnt blow a motor when its already been ran in 30 degree weather. whats the difference? I dont think spraying gas through the blower is wise myself. I already have 14lbs of boost. I was just looking a small shot to cool things down. A 30shot of cold gas, thats it. If you dont know antthing in depth about this subject then keep your "opinions" to yourself. Im not looking opinions, Im looking knowledge from 1st hand experience.

Old 03-19-2005 | 09:18 AM
Chill slvrlight04, This place (F150) is where most of the noobs come. Hence you get all the opinions.

I don't know how much timing the computer gives. But when the computer sees cold air it increases timing on these Gen2s.

One easy way to find out for yourself is to look at before and after EGTs. 1600F and your over the top.

Rich

Old 03-19-2005 | 01:37 PM
|
nos

Originally posted by wydopnthrtl
Actually a small 25-35 shot would be a good thing for a 6#er on a non-ported eaton.

Rich
Im with you. I dont think it will hurt anything. Why doesnt anyone else see it like us? You said it might be a good thing, How will it help?

Old 03-19-2005 | 02:02 PM
my setup is intake, catback + x pipe, 6lbs lower, stock upper pulley, diablo (detuned) 1 step colder plugs, 160 thermostat, c&l elbow and intake plenum, accufab throttle body, lfp traction bars, nitto 555r's...

i have the 8 new coils, lfp heat exchanger, stoptech stage 2 brakes, line locks, and a 50 shot sitting here.

Its a cold fusion mustang kit (as im a dealer for them, and figured i'd use there products) It is adjustable from 50 to 175 or so. I figured a 50 wet shot would be good. How safe is that on the stock block (im already putting out 410/515)

Quick Reply: Nitrous small dry shot on 6lb truck?