Lightning

Any new L's left?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any new L's left?

Are new L's still available and what are they going for (assuming x-plan).

Old 03-16-2005, 10:37 PM
I'm looking also... I don't care where it is.

Old 03-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Re: Any new L's left?

Originally posted by droptail

aren't you the guy that crashed at Fontana? I hope you are OK. Someone brought this up the other day....Good Luck finding a new truck....JR
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=189736

Old 03-16-2005, 11:11 PM
Las Vegas

I live in Southern California, but I flew to Las Vegas to purchase mine and they had 2 left. One 2004 Black, 2004 Sonic Blue, and one Black 2003. Dealer is Friendly Ford in Las Vegas. They accept X-plan

Old 03-17-2005, 01:34 AM
None in So. Cal . . . in fact, I couldn't find any listed on the Ford Database in all of Claifornia.

A while ago I found a lot in Orlando FL . . . don't know if they still have them though.

SMELTZ, the one you got in LV . . . did it have the California "approved" plaque in the engine well?

I thought of getting one (again), but, even though they are all "50 state approved" that's not good enough for CA and the state of CA won't allow you to register it (if new) unless it has the California emmissions plaque in the engine bay also. The only other way to get one registered in the state is to buy a used one that has over 7500 miles on it.

From the DMV website:

"California residents are prohibited from importing, purchasing, or leasing a new vehicle from another state, unless the vehicle was manufactured for sale in California and the Environmental Protection Agency label certifies the vehicle has California smog equipment. California considers a new vehicle to be any vehicle with less than 7,500 miles on the odometer at the time it is purchased or acquired. Click here for more information on buying a vehicle from out-of-state, from the California Air Resources Board."

and from the CA Air Resources board:

"A California resident of business cannot operate a new out-of-state vehicle in California that is not "California certified." The Department of Motor Vehicles will not register it. It cannot be driven ior sold here. If the vehicle is to be operated or resold, it must be removed from California.

Converting a "federally certifed" vehicle to be "california certified" is not allowed."

To see if a vehicle is "California Certified" in the engine bay, nest to the Federally Certified badge is a California certifed badge.

Droptail - if you are thinking of buying a new L out of state, make sure it has the California certified badge or the DMV won't allow you to register it, and you will be SOL.

Last edited by kobiashi; 03-17-2005 at 01:44 AM.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:52 AM
Usually when I pass a ford lot out here near Tampa they have maybe one...but I cant tell if its actually new or not while driving by. FL is a good bet though, there are tons of dealerships around here, and lots of Ls already on the road.

I would have thought california would be the same.. there are quite a few in Georgia..maybe they will have one.

Old 03-17-2005, 10:17 AM
I saw two at a dealership in Savannah, Ga last week, It was either O.C. Welch Ford or J.C. Lewis Ford. I saw them from the road, but they looked new, had them in the new car/svt section of the lot. Hope this helps.

Phil

Old 03-17-2005, 10:31 AM
Re: Any new L's left?

Originally posted by droptail
Droptail,
How badly was your truck damaged? Hope you are ok.

TB

Old 03-17-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by kobiashi
None in So. Cal . . . in fact, I couldn't find any listed on the Ford Database in all of Claifornia.

A while ago I found a lot in Orlando FL . . . don't know if they still have them though.

SMELTZ, the one you got in LV . . . did it have the California "approved" plaque in the engine well?

I thought of getting one (again), but, even though they are all "50 state approved" that's not good enough for CA and the state of CA won't allow you to register it (if new) unless it has the California emmissions plaque in the engine bay also. The only other way to get one registered in the state is to buy a used one that has over 7500 miles on it.

From the DMV website:

"California residents are prohibited from importing, purchasing, or leasing a new vehicle from another state, unless the vehicle was manufactured for sale in California and the Environmental Protection Agency label certifies the vehicle has California smog equipment. California considers a new vehicle to be any vehicle with less than 7,500 miles on the odometer at the time it is purchased or acquired. Click here for more information on buying a vehicle from out-of-state, from the California Air Resources Board."

and from the CA Air Resources board:

"A California resident of business cannot operate a new out-of-state vehicle in California that is not "California certified." The Department of Motor Vehicles will not register it. It cannot be driven ior sold here. If the vehicle is to be operated or resold, it must be removed from California.

Converting a "federally certifed" vehicle to be "california certified" is not allowed."

To see if a vehicle is "California Certified" in the engine bay, nest to the Federally Certified badge is a California certifed badge.

Droptail - if you are thinking of buying a new L out of state, make sure it has the California certified badge or the DMV won't allow you to register it, and you will be SOL.

Yes, it does have the CA Certified Sticker in the Engine bay area. I took it to the DMV In Torrance CA, and they checked everything and said it was ok. The other two Lightnings left in Las Vegas both had the stickers as well.

Old 03-17-2005, 06:22 PM
I searched and didn't find one at any dealership mentioned in this thread. There were 12 at Greenway in Florida 2 months ago. Several members called and were quoted "sticker price". At this price, they have quickly dwindled to 2.

Old 03-17-2005, 08:32 PM
New "L"

There was a new Silver one a Waltham Ford in Waltham Massachusetts as of a few weeks ago.

Old 03-19-2005, 02:02 PM
CAS crash

Originally posted by SLVRLTNG
aren't you the guy that crashed at Fontana? I hope you are OK. Someone brought this up the other day....Good Luck finding a new truck....JR
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=189736
I posted this on another website:
Boy, bad news travels fast, or should I good, I walked away with a few (several) bruises. How did you hear about it? Anyway, it was a miracle, and I publically thank God. I fishtailed 3 times going about 70+ through the chicane accross some grass then squared into a concrete barrior. I kept pulling it back but just wouldn't hook up.

Last edited by droptail; 03-25-2005 at 04:08 PM.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:21 PM
There's a used 04 sonic blue on Gabus ford lot in des moines Ia. I have no idea about the miles but it looks perfect. sticker on the window is $25,860

Old 03-19-2005, 10:47 PM
used true blue at champion ford on i10 in katy, texas (near houston).... appears to be stock and in great condition

--you asked for new though, so I dunno!

glad to hear you're ok, good luck with finding a new L

-Mike

Old 03-19-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by SlowSVT95
I'm looking also... I don't care where it is.
Hey Leeann, how come you are looking for one also?

Quick Reply: Any new L's left?