Lightning

Anyone try any digital boost gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005 | 09:03 AM
|
Question Anyone try any digital boost gauges?

Hey everybody how are ya? I thought I remembered about a year ago or so talking with someone on here (Don maybe)
about a digital boost gauge. I put a boost overlay on the factory boost gauge in my Cobra, so now it reads from 0-15 pounds and it looks nice in my opinion.
I'm just curious to know what a digital boost gauge would be like. How much are they? I've had auto meter ones befor and lunar. Isn't there a digital boost gauge that holds the highest # in a memory or something for a few seconds? That isn't the most important thing, what would be is just the background color. I'd want it to match the greenish Cobra dash lights... Any idea's?
Shane

Old 03-17-2005 | 09:54 AM
Hey Shane how's it going? I'm still planning on picking up the pulley tool if it ever warms up here. I just picked up an 05 Stang GT Vert on Monday for the wife Go to the General forum to see the pic. How's the Cobra?

Paul

Old 03-17-2005 | 11:23 AM
Shane,

I have had the Autometer Phantoms and the Lunar. I just ordered the Cyberdyne digital boost/ with memory and the Cyberdyne fuel pressure/ with memory. The faces of these guages are blacked out and the readouts come in three colors, red, green, and amber. I was disappointed because they don't match the SVT color scheme at all. I do want the memory function of the guages so, once more I will change and try something different. The pillar pod is far enough away from the dash and up higher in my line of sight, maybe they will look good. If I wanted to do any color scheme with them, I might have bought the green, but took the red because my old eyes seem to be able to pick that color up the best.

Good luck with your search. If you find something, keep us posted. Heck, I am not opposed to spending money, just have a hard time getting enough of it.

Old 03-17-2005 | 11:33 AM
I haven't installed mine yet; but, this is what I went with.

http://www.speedshop.org/store/Scrip...p?idproduct=20

Old 03-17-2005 | 11:50 AM
Odin's Wrath,

Dang man, those are great looking. I would have gone with those except I want/need the memory function of the guage. I can never stay focused on the boost guage long enough to see what the peak boost is. I have to watch the road because I am in California, the recipient of all the worst drivers from around the world.

Thanks for the link.

Old 03-17-2005 | 02:15 PM
|
Originally posted by FireGuy
I want/need the memory function of the guage. I can never stay focused on the boost guage long enough to see what the peak boost is.

Thanks much for the link, i will take a look into them. Damn man, $175 a piece. I figured they wouldn't be priced like the regular $50 vaccuum gauges. Anyone have a digital gauge in their Lightning?

Also is there an option, to have the gauge not just read the highest #? Have it be like a digital gauge and show the current reading as you drive? 8, 12, 14, 8, 0.....

FireGuy thank you for the reply too. You have any pics of your gauges? Are they already installed?
thanks again, Shane

Last edited by ShaneMcKenna203; 03-17-2005 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-17-2005 | 05:26 PM
Shane,

No install yet. They just arrived today. These guages read as you go and hold the high and low readings in memory so after you stop you can see what happened while playing.

I can keep a written record of what the pressures were and decide when it is time to change fuel filter or replace the pumps. Just kind of a way, not necessarily the prettiest in my opinion, to keep track of what effect changes in parts, weather conditions, etc. have on my L.

Will take pics after install, maybe two weeks as I am into another project now with little time to fiddle with guages.

Old 03-18-2005 | 08:03 PM
|
Originally posted by FireGuy
These guages read as you go and hold the high and low readings in memory so after you stop you can see what happened while playing.

That's what Im looking for. How much was the Cyberdyne digital boost gauge? I found one on summit for around $86, was that the one you got? Also is there a way to change the bulb on yours from red to green?
Thanks again for the info, please post pics when you can.
Shane

Old 03-18-2005 | 09:40 PM
Defi makes a guage and master unit that records and playbacks. It's anolog and expensie but it will do what you want and may have the colors you want to match. I know they have a white background version but I'm not sure if the numbers light up green like my black background version.

Old 03-18-2005 | 10:24 PM
Originally posted by ShaneMcKenna203

Also is there a way to change the bulb on yours from red to green?
There is no bulb to change. Those are 7 segment LED’S (Light Emitting Diodes). The color of the diodes is permanent. Maybe they offer then in different colors?

Old 03-19-2005 | 03:43 AM
Yep, three colors, red, green, and amber. I got mine on e-bay.

http://stores.ebay.com/All-Parts-Sto...eNameZl2QQtZkm

Don't know how good they are, but I am going to find out, first hand.

Old 03-19-2005 | 06:13 PM
|
yeah im pretty sure you could get the Cyberdyne Digital gauges in green, i just didnt see any pics of them. I dont feel like paying $175 for a gauge though. I found one on ebay too for around $85. I may pick one up if I find a cluster for the Cobra, we'll see. I still havent pulled the blower off yet and sent it in for the port.

Old 03-19-2005 | 07:57 PM
Just search and go to the Cyberdyne site. They have all the colors displayed on different guages. i.e., in the fuel guage area, the one they show may be in green or amber, they just don't show one guage in all three colors.

I paid, 88 and 65 for the fuel pressure w/mem and vac/boost w/mem.

Have fun choosing. I now own three differnet sets of guages and will keep going until that one setup makes me happy. Because, with my truck, it is all about me.

Quick Reply: Anyone try any digital boost gauges?