Lightning

CDDJ...... Huh

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005 | 09:52 AM
|
CDDJ...... Huh

Ok I made some CD's from the computer, when it gets to the #5 cd the changer locks up and this error message comes on CDDJ. Any one else get this, whats going on ............

PEacE.........................
Jim

Old 03-18-2005 | 10:16 AM
I have had my home made discs lock up and/or not play. I don't remember the error message though. To make sure your changer is not toast, try some commercial/known good cds. If it still does it, something is wrong with the player. If it is still under warranty, a trusted Ford dealer would replace it, no question. Maybe a good time to visit a Lincoln/Mercury dealer. These players were quite common in all Ford products. Yes, when I took my wife's Mountaineer in for service, there was an L on a rack being serviced, tranny, I think. I asked the service writer about it and he said they work on all Fords. Just a thought.

Also, if you have left the slider cover for the changer open for any amount of time, dust, dirt and other items could be clogging the mechanism,

Be very careful with these steps, do at your own risk,

Remove the player and hold in an inverted position. Use a can of compressed computer duster air and blow out the player in quick strokes and not directly aimed at any components.

Lastly, I bought a computer cleaning vacuum attachment kit with small brushes and extensions, I think it was Best Buy, or an online computer supply place. I would use it as a last resort because the vacuum can grab and damage sensitive items.

Hope it helps.

Old 03-18-2005 | 10:43 AM
|
Fireguy thanks for your input.. This has happened before, seam to only happen with homemade cd's... If I go and eject the cd holder and mess with the cds a little It will work again till I go to the #5 Cd.....

PEacE.....................
Jim

Old 03-18-2005 | 10:47 AM
Tell, the truth...

...CD5 is really a Barry Manilow CD.

Any CD player will choke on that.

j.k.
Joe

Old 03-18-2005 | 11:06 AM
|
Originally posted by 02Thunder
Tell, the truth...

...CD5 is really a Barry Manilow CD.

Any CD player will choke on that.

j.k.
Joe
Your not far off...LOL.. Hey in case you don't know I am old, I am from the hippie days...LOL . Most of the guys here are young enought to be my son.... I think its Rod Steward singing some classic's that were even before his time....

PEacE........................
Jim

Old 03-18-2005 | 11:23 AM
Okay, I am just spitballing here, but the message could translate to CD Disc Jam. In any case the mechanism is most likely the culprit. If you were to dig in, you might find that the disc selecting and changing device is either dirty or broken.

I still say, if you have warranty left, use it. I probably wouldn't take mine to ANY dealer for such a problem, I would either order a new changer, or put an in dash MP3 player in. I have both in mine. I would not get the 6 cd in dash player because of the cooling fan whine they produce.

My MP3 player looks completely stock and one home made MP3 disc holds a lot more music than all 6 cds combined.

But hey, that's me. I know nothing and I am older than you, I came out of the late forties. Just waiting for the Alzheimer's bus to catch me.

Old 03-18-2005 | 11:41 AM
You might also consider the iPod. My '04 L has the 6cd in-dash and an iPod link. My wif'e's BMW has an iPod link. I use and iPod at the gym or when I go for long walks with the dog, we also use it thru the home stereo systems and it can't be beat. 4,000 songs on a unit the size of a deck of cards and the sound is as good or better than any CD player. The iPod can also be put on shuffle which supplies endless variety. My '01 L had an after market CD player that played mp3 discs as well, and I prefer the iPod.

BTW, I'm real close to that tiny little Social Security check, myself.

Old 03-18-2005 | 11:46 AM
One more thing, Blown 93. If your changer is the behind-the-seat unit like I had in my '01, where it seems you problems lie: I have one in my garage that I would be happy to give you if you pay for shipping. Drop my an e-mail if that will help and good luck.

Old 03-18-2005 | 03:43 PM
Here ya go; screw the CD player. Buy a flash drive and this little demodulator (at Wally-World, in auto dept for $30) and you're good to go.

Old 03-18-2005 | 10:32 PM
|
Fireguy I'm also a late fortys model...

Coopersunc... Man thanks, thats extremely nice of you, let me see with I can do with mine first..............

PEacE..........................
Jim

Quick Reply: CDDJ...... Huh