Lightning

Dyno'd at JLP

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 09:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dyno'd at JLP

Originally posted by Derek94
well guys i got dynoed at jlp yesterday. I'll post the chart up later on today. My high numbers were 425rwhp and 503tq. Check the mods in my sig. I was hoping for more torque, runs were made on a 2 or 3 year old gatorback belt, so i think im getting some slip in there. Think that could be the culprit? Also i was pegging the meter on this chart, so we took care of that w/ a MAFextender. Also, these numbers were on like the 4th or 5th pull, in a span of 1hr 1/2 or so, so maybe the truck was getting warm as he was tuning, who knows. He made a few more tweaks to the tune but i didnt get any numbers on the actual final product. Johnny said the stock fuel pumps are about maxed out, sound about right? He didnt recommend that i add anymore mods until i get bigger pumps. Here's the chart, those w/ similar mods, let me know what you think!
Hey Derek, I have similar mods. I made 427/491 STD with my A/F going above 12.0 at 5200 RPM.

On a colder night, I did 447/523 STD (how much less is SAE?).
My A/F on that night was 1304 by 5300 RPM.

Willie at Diablosport is going to hook me up with a Mafia because on the colder night my MAF volts were at 5.0 at 5000 RPM.

Old 04-15-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by blown318
Damn, they must have washed that pig LOL!!!!
Sue probably got bored for a few minutes. You know how quick she can clean a black vehicle so a silver one was probably nothing for her.

Old 04-15-2005, 12:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A 4# pulley, a ported blower, and a full exhaust huh? I'm *not* an expert at tuning. But.. I have a problem believing the pumps can't keep up with that setup. Many others are above and beyond those numbers w/o leaning out on the top end.

Looking at how the lean out ramps up slowly I'd suggest cleaning the injectors and replacing the fuel filter. Don't get me wrong.. it could be the pumps? It's just that IMO two fully functioning stock pumps should be keeping up with that combo?

Rich

Old 04-15-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Derek94
I know johnny said he was throwing a lot of fuel at it. He warned me not to mod anymore till i can get more fuel to the engine. I asked him about issue's w/ the fuel pump relays, how would sumbody know if they were going bad? I think Waveblaster just recently found out his were failing? I'm not too concerned w/ the dyno numbers, I hope saturday at cecil I end up satisfied w/ what the truck turns in the 1/4. Previously ran a 12.8 at a crappy track, have since added the full exhaust, sbtb+c&l plenum/phenolic spacer, we'll see on saturday! I know that the truck feels WAY more powerful than how it felt when i drove in. And another thanks to johnny for noticing my tranny pan being smashed and leaking, probably saved me a broke tranny. (I must have either did it the day before or on the way up to his shop)
Here's a pic of the truck on the dyno, i also have a vid of one run, but i only have dialup so uploading it somewhere would suck.
Yup, that was me that had a bad relay.

Easiest way to tell is to put a fuel pressure guage on it, then swap them out and see if it fixes it.

Old 04-15-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by blown318
Damn, they must have washed that pig LOL!!!!
Do you ever drive that thing around here anymore? RT 66 tommorrow baby!

Old 04-15-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by JeffsLightning
Do you ever drive that thing around here anymore? RT 66 tommorrow baby!
I drive alot.... BUT NOT IN ILLINOIS!!!!

well actually I work out by o'hare now...... 6 days to 7 days a week... so I don't get much time to drive any of my toys.....

Im gonna try to make 41 for some of the SCC but we will see.......

Old 04-15-2005, 05:44 PM
fuel filter is fresh, just ran injector cleaner in it also. As i said before, this run was before the mafextender, i was pegging the meter and that was what the a/f did in result to that. Then i added a mafextender, i just dont have the graphs i got after installing that. I did make like 2 more pulls, and he tuned accordingly. I thought the pumps were good for more power also, but thats what he told me. Oh well, i'll have to replace them down the road anyway.

Quick Reply: Dyno'd at JLP