Lightning

Dyno'd at JLP

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dyno'd at JLP

well guys i got dynoed at jlp yesterday. I'll post the chart up later on today. My high numbers were 425rwhp and 503tq. Check the mods in my sig. I was hoping for more torque, runs were made on a 2 or 3 year old gatorback belt, so i think im getting some slip in there. Think that could be the culprit? Also i was pegging the meter on this chart, so we took care of that w/ a MAFextender. Also, these numbers were on like the 4th or 5th pull, in a span of 1hr 1/2 or so, so maybe the truck was getting warm as he was tuning, who knows. He made a few more tweaks to the tune but i didnt get any numbers on the actual final product. Johnny said the stock fuel pumps are about maxed out, sound about right? He didnt recommend that i add anymore mods until i get bigger pumps. Here's the chart, those w/ similar mods, let me know what you think!

Old 04-14-2005, 09:06 PM
see a silver truck with flames there?? real dirty!!! LOL!!!

NIce numbers BTW!

Old 04-14-2005, 09:13 PM
Wouldnt happen to look like this would it?

Old 04-14-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Derek94

Chris, What are you having done? I thought you had about everything!
Josh

Old 04-14-2005, 09:28 PM
I noticed your A/F leans out above 5000RPM. Is this from the maxed out fuel pumps?

Mine does the same thing. I have almost the same mods and dyno #'s as you.

Old 04-14-2005, 09:52 PM
hmmmmm

i have similar mods and similar power and my maf is still a decent distance away from being maxed out.............

I don't think it's all that common to max out a maf with a 4lb lower and a ported blower?????

Old 04-14-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Derek94

Damn, they must have washed that pig LOL!!!!

Old 04-14-2005, 10:28 PM
that's odd. maxing out the MAF and Fuel Pumps at 425hp?

I'm a little higher 435/522 and I still have MAF voltage and fuel left over. What software are you using? I'm using SCT.

Old 04-14-2005, 10:48 PM
I'm using the predator, and it looks like Derek is using it also.

Do you thing the software could have anything to do with it?

Old 04-14-2005, 11:09 PM
well guys i got dynoed at jlp yesterday. I'll post the chart up later on today. My high numbers were 425rwhp and 503tq. Check the mods in my sig. I was hoping for more torque, runs were made on a 2 or 3 year old gatorback belt, so i think im getting some slip in there. Think that could be the culprit? Also i was pegging the meter on this chart, so we took care of that w/ a MAFextender. Also, these numbers were on like the 4th or 5th pull, in a span of 1hr 1/2 or so, so maybe the truck was getting warm as he was tuning, who knows. He made a few more tweaks to the tune but i didnt get any numbers on the actual final product. Johnny said the stock fuel pumps are about maxed out, sound about right? He didnt recommend that i add anymore mods until i get bigger pumps. Here's the chart, those w/ similar mods, let me know what you think!
Those numbers look right on with mine:
http://www.100mphclub.com/phpBB2/alb...hp?pic_id=1171

My STD numbers were 425/502..

I'm running a 4lb, Apten port, TR6's, JLT filter tube setup, PSP Predator tune.

Old 04-14-2005, 11:11 PM
I use a predator. These numbers were like the 4th pull, i didnt get any numbers on his final tune, he made a couple more runs after this one, dialing in the air/fuel. I'm pretty sure he got the tune richened up at the end. I think this chart was before he installed the Maf Extender, these were just the highest numbers. So what do you all think? I was hoping to see my torque at atleast 520 w/ the longtubes, maybe I was just hoping, or maybe the truck was hot, or maybe my belt was slipping, haha. Im going to bet my belt is slipping a tad, i have some dust on the stock idler bracket, and in the stock upper pulley. Tallimeca what are your numbers? I'll be adding an e-fan, pumps, injectors, more pulley later this summer. p.s.- The truck runs SMOOTHH and pulls like never before.

Last edited by Derek94; 04-14-2005 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:25 PM
I know johnny said he was throwing a lot of fuel at it. He warned me not to mod anymore till i can get more fuel to the engine. I asked him about issue's w/ the fuel pump relays, how would sumbody know if they were going bad? I think Waveblaster just recently found out his were failing? I'm not too concerned w/ the dyno numbers, I hope saturday at cecil I end up satisfied w/ what the truck turns in the 1/4. Previously ran a 12.8 at a crappy track, have since added the full exhaust, sbtb+c&l plenum/phenolic spacer, we'll see on saturday! I know that the truck feels WAY more powerful than how it felt when i drove in. And another thanks to johnny for noticing my tranny pan being smashed and leaking, probably saved me a broke tranny. (I must have either did it the day before or on the way up to his shop)
Here's a pic of the truck on the dyno, i also have a vid of one run, but i only have dialup so uploading it somewhere would suck.

Old 04-14-2005, 11:40 PM
That sounds about right to me. I was just there last week. I have similiar mods (except for a 5lb lower). I too am using a Predator. I made 441hp and like 510 torque. I was pegging my MAF at about 4600 rpm and installed a Maf-extender while I was there. I also was leaning out a little (12.1-12.3) after 5000rpms

Old 04-15-2005, 07:11 AM
#'s sound good
CONGRATS Derek

I am going to miss SSOTN soo much this yr
(1st time since owning the L I'm missing it)

Good Luck Bro ....

Waveblaster's problem was a unique one, I happen to be at Sal's shop later that day and he was explaining it all to me. My guess is the only way to know is by Data Logging it, and or testing the Relays. Sal told me as soon as they Hooked it up and made a pull you would see the AF nice and then all of a sudden WAM no fuel,
(or not enough is a better way to put it)
Which is exactly what WB was seeing on hi A/F meter while driving it (all of a sudden it would go crazy lean). Once they changed the Relay, WAM the AF dropped to 10. something he said (and of course was changed)

You have the proper curve, it's not your prob, but that Dyno you posted "is" extremely lean in the top end, you DEF want to listen to Johnny and not add anymore Boost till you get Fuel in there.
You also may want to call him and have him look up your last Dyno and get a copy, because if your dam near 14 A/F at 5700 RPM (on stock rods), that would be considered EXTREMELY DANGEROUS, and I would not WOT it over 5K till it's fixed.

I ran out of pumps on the Dyno a few weeks back too (but it was a little further in than you). We backed my shift points down to like 4800 or something to keep me out of the High RPM's at WOT

(did my pumps since, but havent been back on the dyno yet)

Injectors may be in your future too ???

Old 04-15-2005, 07:56 AM
Hey rob thanks for the reply, this dyno was before he put in the MAFextender. The last chart i saw looked much better. Its funny my injectors and pumps may be about maxed out, i thought they would handle a little more than what im throwing at them. So many other ppl are running way more power on stock pumps/injectors.

Quick Reply: Dyno'd at JLP