Lightning

Prefered year L?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005 | 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by TrackBeast
Leeann,
Nice emblem on that grill...

Did you remove the gap between the bumper and the grill? or is it the picture?

TB
Thanks
It's just the picture, I wish my L looked like that. I must've gotten 10 emails already asking about the grille... That is really someone's HD photoshopped sonic blue.

Old 08-08-2005 | 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by SILVER2000SVT
the 01-up is rated for more HP (380 vs. 360) and every body uses that as an argument for a decision but they seem to be fairly equal in track times and their numbers at the dyno. This is even closer when you compare trucks with the same mods, regardless of year model, they seem to run very close.
That seems to be very accurate. As Sal has already said, most of the 20hp gain was achieved by leaning out the fuel mixture in 2001. I have personally tested this on the dyno. That change becomes irrelevant when the vehiclel gets an aftermarket tune. IN reality, from a performance standpoint they are very, very similar.

TB

Old 08-09-2005 | 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by LightningTuner
They may have been the manufacturer all these years, but something DID change in 01. I compared the rods from my 99 to the rods from my 01, and they ARE differences visually. The part number did not change at Ford, meaning they were intended to be the same thing, but SOMETHING changed in the manufacturing process in 01. And this is not limited to the Lightnings either. Fellow tuners have told me they saw the same thing on the Mustang GT motors between 99-00 and 01-up.
Maybe you could post up some pics of '99 vs. '01 to show us the visual differences...

Quick Reply: Prefered year L?