Lightning

Problems with getting out the baffels on the Bassani

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005 | 07:40 AM
|
Problems with getting out the baffels on the Bassani

Hey guys, I've problems getting out the baffels from the bassani exhaust (https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...affels+bassani)

Tips on how I do it? I have a race tomorrow, and I should definitly take them out.

Old 04-22-2005 | 10:32 AM
Re: Problems with getting out the baffels on the Bassani

Originally posted by The Norseman
Hey guys, I've problems getting out the baffels from the bassani exhaust (https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...affels+bassani)

Tips on how I do it? I have a race tomorrow, and I should definitly take them out.
I made more rear wheel power and torque with them in and that was with 621 rwhp and 708 rwtq. So it isn't a mild motor combo and they still did not hurt me at all.

However, they should be removable. Once you remove the single allen bolt that holds them in place mine simply pull out by hand. You may need to get something to wedge into the inside to help break them loose if they've been in there a long time. The other thing is I fit mine to the pipes so they could slide in by hand; without filing them slightly I would have had to beat them in with a rubber mallet, and they would have been nearly impossible to remove later.

Bottom line I do not believe they're hurting you as far as power or torque.

Jody

Old 04-23-2005 | 11:39 AM
You may also want to try using some heat.

Start with everything cold and then use a small butane torch or whatever you have and quickly and evenly apply some flame to the outside chrome tip.
Keep it moving and work fast, start at the bottom because heat rises.

Then while it is hot, do the old twist and tug and tap on the core using som vise grips or ??

If you can rig up a slide hammer out of some 3/8 all-thread and some pipe you might also be able to go inside and that way tapp from the inside out.

All the condensate that pours out these exhausts prolly just got things rusty and as already said to tight to start with.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Problems with getting out the baffels on the Bassani