Lightning

Had a scare with the truck tonight....

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005 | 10:12 PM
|
Had a scare with the truck tonight....

Luckily everything turned out ok.

I came home earlier and parked in the driveway. It was raining so we went to go to dinner so i went to move my truck so we could take my girls car. Crank it over.....wouldn't start. I'm like WTF?? Crank it over again..........nothing. Now i'm like this is insane, gonna start the year off on the same foot I ended it. Crank and crank again............nothing. So I pop the hood and check out any visual problems.

Look down and WTF again!!! My breather cap is missing. Look down, it's jammed between the e-fan and the idler pulley for the s/c belt!!!! So i pull it out. Idler pulley is a little dinged up on the outside edge and the breather cap is no longer chrome and purdy. No i panic. What the hell caused the cap to come off........then i remember. I put it on loose whan i changed the oil to run it to double check the level.........never tightened it.

But what the hell would this have to do with starting. Jump in again..........nothing. Now i'm pissed!!! Then i look down and notice the theft light going nuts and nothing showing on the odometer..............hmmmm. I have an idea. Go around the pasenger side to check the chip and bingo!!! The piece of tape holding the chip in place came loose and the chip was half on the computer!!! **** is falling off left and right!!! Reinstalled it and it fired right up. THANK GOD!!!!

Old 04-23-2005 | 10:19 PM
What the hell is the matter with you? You're losing your mind with old age.. Better let your old man change your our oil next time, he'd do it right!

Old 04-23-2005 | 10:41 PM
|
yeah

he'd put in 3 quarts and say **** it.....it's good enough

I was depressed. Almost as bad as when i drove home from the track and forgot to tighten my lugs!!!

Old 04-23-2005 | 10:55 PM
What a moron, hehe

Old 04-24-2005 | 12:30 AM
whew... Cheap Fix!

Old 04-24-2005 | 01:56 AM
Take her out and flog her to remind her who is boss.

Old 04-24-2005 | 07:49 AM
Re: Had a scare with the truck tonight....

Originally posted by tallimeca
**** is falling off left and right!!! Reinstalled it and it fired right up. THANK GOD!!!!
You need some green 100 mph tape! Don't know what the civilians call it, but my military brothers understand!

Old 04-24-2005 | 07:54 AM
It was a sign from the L Gods
Imagine if it would have started with the Breather wedged in there

@ Chip falling out

Old 04-24-2005 | 08:03 AM
I agree with Rob. Except maybe it was more of a Guardian Angel type thing. I suspect that it could have been quite expensive had the engine fired. How much do those superchargers cost?

Nothing happens by accident. Everything is exactly the way it's supposed to be. As proof, I offer the fact that it is.

Old 04-24-2005 | 09:39 AM
|
haha

I'm usually a **** about having my contacts cleaned and chip taped on good. I got re tuned on the sct software at Jim's in the fall and who ever put the chip back put a good piece of tape across it. I think what happened is i stored my truck outside, covered all winter with the windows cracked and maybe the cold caused the tape to come loose.

It's funny because i was gonna pull the computer and check all that but i didn't want to untill i got an inspection sticker because i went twice and kept getting that p2100 code that says it hasn't completed it's readiness cycles. Just got a sticker tuesday finally and i said I gotta pull the computer this weekend.

Another good thing came of it too. I forgot I had a 3 program chip and it was still set to my wimpy winter program!!!!

Man, it was quite a scare though. You should have seen the dumb founded look on my face. Better yet, you should of seen the look of horror on my girl's face. She was counting the seconds before meltdown occured!!!

Quick Reply: Had a scare with the truck tonight....