Lightning

Master Cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005 | 10:40 PM
|
Master Cylinder

Hey all, well i am really having a time with my brakes. I have prolly bled 3 gallons thru the system and i still have a soft pedel.

I have done a ton of reading and i think i have an air bubble in the master cylinder. How the heck do i bled that?

I read the proceedure on all-data but it wasnt clear enough. It says take off the brake lines and put them in the master cylinder...and that really isnt possible.

So the question is...how would you tell a 14 year old to bleed the master cylinder?

Old 04-23-2005 | 11:06 PM
|
wow, well i think i may have found the problem. After reading a thread...i think both my front and rear calipers are on the wrong sides, which puts the bleeding nipple at the bottom of the caliper...keeping the air trapped up top.

But to be honest, i think that the brake fluid is thick enought to push air out of the system...but im not sure and i really hope that this is the problem cause i dont think im going to be able to bleed the master cylinder.

Old 04-23-2005 | 11:37 PM
Did you move your calipers or did ford screw up? You always want the bleeder up air rises

Old 04-23-2005 | 11:50 PM
|
i did it.

Quick Reply: Master Cylinder