Lightning

Raced an SRT-10 last night

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005 | 11:53 AM
|
Raced an SRT-10 last night

Despite all the problems I had with the pulley yesterday(which I never got on). I did go to the drag strip last night and I met a man with an SRT-10. It was red with a bed cover and had put a K&N air intake and a Magnflow muffler on his truck. I talked to him for about 45 min then I said are you ready to race. He said thats why I came down here. So we got in line and I knew I was going to win. On the first run(this is only a 1000ft track) I ran a 11.28 @ 94.44 he ran 12.22 @7 5.43 but he missed 2nd & 3rd gears. So he said we could race again after his truck cooled down. He was about 60 years old and admitted that he couldn't dive like he did when he was 20, but anyway we raced again. I ran 11.38 @ 94.30 he ran 11.51 @ 93.19 His fastest time of the night(not aginst me, was 11.25 @ 9x.xx I was really pleased with my 99 L with only a superchip tuner, but I do have some questions. How do ya'll get off the line well with stock tires? My 60ft time on my 11.28 run was 2.30 because I just had to roll into it. But if I get on it to fast I loose all traction and run like crap. I also want to know about the flowmaster vs. magnaflow. The SRT-10 man said he had a flowmaster put on and lost 3/10 of a sec, so he went to magnaflow and picked up 3/10 of a sec over his original time. That makes me want a magnaflow.

Now I can say I beat a SRT-10 not once but twice!

Old 04-24-2005 | 12:04 PM
A cat back will add NO power, it only changes the tone of the exhaust.

Stock the lightning has 4 catalytic convertors and those are the bottleneck of the exhaust. If you want to gain power, replace those 4 cays with 2 hi-flow cats. Or you can buy a bassani mid-pipe which elminates the cats all together.

Everyone says shorty's don't add power, but I have to disagree. when you add shorty headers, you still retain the stock catalytic convertors (the bottle neck) so you won't gain much, however when you add hi-flow cats, the exhaust flows as well as anything. I'm not sure how it compares to long tubes, but no test has every been conducted.

It you want to spend a ton of money get long tubes. They are mainly for HI Horsepower applications.

Congrats on the win, hopefully he'll learn to drive it

Quick Reply: Raced an SRT-10 last night