Lightning

Does anyone care about FFW anymore?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005 | 03:01 PM
|
Does anyone care about FFW anymore?

It used to be that every event a thread was started, updates were given, pictures posted and lots of people meeting up for good times. Lately nobody even mentions FFW races. Do you guys even realize there is a race today? The FFW site su cks nutz, and they treat top truck like beaten dogs. They didn't even mention it!!!! Whats the matter with people? Is this where we give up on FFW and push for more NMRA races? I'm disapointed by my fellow L owners, and the FFW people for leaving TT out with the trash!

Old 05-01-2005 | 04:06 PM
i still care! just havent been to the track since .. 2000

Old 05-01-2005 | 04:39 PM
I care, I just can't afford it.

Old 05-01-2005 | 04:55 PM
FFW Baytown, heard it may be going away after smaller and smaller turnouts not to mention the rain outs

Old 05-01-2005 | 05:14 PM
Re: Does anyone care about FFW anymore?

Originally posted by whip
The FFW site su cks nutz, and they treat top truck like beaten dogs. They didn't even mention it!!!!
I think that's part of the reason right there. Most of the time there are more trucks in the T/T class than there are cars in most all other classes yet we hardly get any recognition. They also pissed off a bunch of guys last year when they decided not to give away the 2 year lease on the new F-150 for 2nd place. If you'll notice, there are a handful of guys that were in the top 10 last year who aren't following the series anymore. I was at the finals last year and there were many heated emotions flying around over the outcome of the last race.

I'd also like to add that every FFW I've attended has been awesome. I always have a great time. If I didn't work weekends, I would attend every one of them.

Last edited by dealerjim; 05-01-2005 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-01-2005 | 05:33 PM
Back when I first had my motor done(the main reason for doing it), my hopes were to run either FFW or NMRA for the full season. That is one of the reasons I got rid of my Cobra and bought the Pimpalanche to tow with. I was all set to go and was pretty damn stoked! After the financial and emotional drain from all that crap, it just never got back into me to do it. I just had arm surgery so, depending on my progress that will determine what I do about FFW Etown. I would like to do Virginia and New Hampshire as well. Would also like to do the Maple Grove NMRA event. The desire just has not been with me and either has the $$$. Not to mention the fact that I am not legal either. Over the winter I may legalize the truck and go at it next year. Just don't know yet. All the stories I hear it looks like a hell of time, that is for sure. -Mat-

Old 05-01-2005 | 05:49 PM
After they took away the 2 year lease for the runner up in the points last year, I don't really care about FFW anymore.

Edit actually I do care, I have met a great bunch of people many who I call great friends. I just wish they would make the rules more consistant.

I do give a big thumbs up to Jim at JDM for giving Jamie a new motor for his runner up points finish, but I don't trust the guys who run FFW anymore.

Last edited by Don's Bolt; 05-02-2005 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-01-2005 | 07:13 PM
I was at FFW all weekend. Had a good time. If I remember right there were 32 trucks in TT. I left a little early today and did not see the finals for TT. I do know this Paul was in the finals and I dont remember who else was in it. I do know there were a few new personal best runs made but I will let them tell everyone.

All in all it was a fun but busy weekend.

P.S. I do care about FFW. Even though I dont race I enjoy watching my Dad go down the truck and getting his truck ready for the next run. And most important of all I get to see friends that I only get to see a few times a year.

Last edited by Johnny A; 05-01-2005 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-01-2005 | 07:55 PM
I will say that the 3 I have been to were kindof disappointing. Everytime the officials were A-holes. The system they use of it being an elimnation class isn't much fun, and it's expensive being you have to join there "organization" and pay for entry fee to get in, entry fee to race. Just really expensive especially if you can only attend one or two a year.

Old 05-01-2005 | 08:48 PM
I use to Love the FFW Races & NMRA Truck classes but they both came up with alot of stupid Rules to keep Guys like me out of them. FFW does NOT Permit Back-Halfed trucks Or Tubbed trucks & the NMRA series has a 9.10 Qualifying Rule that you can Not go Faster than that or It does NOT Count. I believe that Jim made these Rules so his customers can Win at these events...What I am trying to say is that they need to have a Class where Guys like Johnny Lightning & I can Race Our Trucks! Some one needs to step Up & have a class for highly modified Ford Trucks to Race Bracket or Heads Up for some real Money. All these Mustang Classes & Fans want to watch Heads Up Racing because that's what puts Fans in the stands.

Old 05-01-2005 | 08:55 PM
Originally posted by 9 Second Gen 1
I use to Love the FFW Races & NMRA Truck classes but they both came up with alot of stupid Rules to keep Guys like me out of them. FFW does NOT Permit Back-Halfed trucks Or Tubbed trucks & the NMRA series has a 9.10 Qualifying Rule that you can Not go Faster than that or It does NOT Count. I believe that Jim made these Rules so his customers can Win at these events...What I am trying to say is that they need to have a Class where Guys like Johnny Lightning & I can Race Our Trucks! Some one needs to step Up & have a class for highly modified Ford Trucks to Race Bracket or Heads Up for some real Money. All these Mustang Classes & Fans want to watch Heads Up Racing because that's what puts Fans in the stands.
Why throw a back halfed truck into a class with a truck that is on 10 inch tire? That seems more far fetched to me. I don't think the draw is there for the trucks to be honest, it might be cool to us, but most people go to NMRA to see people like Justin Burcham put it on the bumper, or Rich Grow to hang the wheels, or watch the more affordable classes like Factory stock or see Bill Laskowski run it down the track.

I can appreciate everything you've done and I think your truck is freakin badass, but is there really the demand and enough trucks to make it worth NMRA's while?

Old 05-01-2005 | 09:47 PM
|
Don't get me wrong....I love being there personally. I have attended FFW's in NH, NJ, and VA, and would love to attend more if time allowed. I'm just dissapointed that no one around here posts pics any more. No one gives updates. No one post plans to have get togethers, and most of all the FFW people treat us like CRAP!!!! We don't even exist in thier eyes! Who won TT today anyway?

I give a lot of props to JDM for all thier hard work in traveling to all these events, bringing trucks and parts and people, and helping us all out, but beyond the supporst we get from them, there is nothing there. Maybe someone needs to post this thread on the FFW site. (I am not registered there, and it makes me sick every time I think about doing it, cause I realize I'm wasting my time, just as Jamie's posts fall on deaf ears over there.)

Old 05-01-2005 | 09:50 PM
I think the L's should be allowed to run in T/S.....I've never been overly fond of bracket racing.

Old 05-01-2005 | 10:02 PM
Originally posted by STRYKS2X
I think the L's should be allowed to run in T/S.....I've never been overly fond of bracket racing.
It would be really cool if they would let L's into the True Street class.

Old 05-01-2005 | 10:08 PM
Does anyone care there was a NMRA race today? and yesterday?

Quick Reply: Does anyone care about FFW anymore?