Lightning

Advice for pulley swap???

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005 | 12:37 PM
|
Advice for pulley swap???

Anyone elders out there with advice or tips on changing the lower pulley out for a quick change? This is my first time doing a lower pulley change or any pulley change.

Old 05-05-2005 | 01:41 PM
beer

do a search there has to be a step by step on here somewhere.

i did it for my first time last year, took about 25 minutes. Jack up car. There is 2 bolts on the front of the tranny you need to remove to take off the plate. The pulley should come with a tranny lock tool. YOu have to screw it in and lock the tranny in place. Then unbolt the stocker, put the new one on and remember to remove the tranny lock and put the 2 botls back in.

oh yeah my screws were rusted. So you may want to spray some wd 40 or pb blaster on them and let it sit for a little while before you start.

Old 05-05-2005 | 01:43 PM
Originally posted by halflife
beer

do a search there has to be a step by step on here somewhere.

i did it for my first time last year, took about 25 minutes. Jack up car. There is 2 bolts on the front of the tranny you need to remove to take off the plate. The pulley should come with a tranny lock tool. YOu have to screw it in and lock the tranny in place. Then unbolt the stocker, put the new one on and remember to remove the tranny lock and put the 2 botls back in.

oh yeah my screws were rusted. So you may want to spray some wd 40 or pb blaster on them and let it sit for a little while before you start.
Here you go:

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/asp54blowerinstruction.htm

Old 05-05-2005 | 02:43 PM
|
I am half way do I need to get the cage off the stocker?

Old 05-05-2005 | 03:02 PM
No. The cage and pulley come off together and can go into your spare parts department.

Old 05-05-2005 | 05:28 PM
|
Thanks got it all put back together that belt was a pain in the rear probably the hardest one ever.
Thanks for the help. She purrs reaaaaaaaal nice now.

Quick Reply: Advice for pulley swap???