Gross!

Tips after a full day of cleaning/polishing:
(With Cerma Bryte and Flitz)
Forget that!

$30 later and two coatings of Ceramic coating:
Gotta wear shades!

Old 05-07-2005 | 10:05 PM
|
Hand polishing was not going to cut it for me. (No catback yet, either.) So I started looking into Chrome plating. I made a couple of phone calls but no luck. I went into the NAPA store and asked if they knew anybody locally. Turns out this guy, Landshark Coatings, lives 10 miles up the road from me! I ran up there with the tips and he said sure, I'll fix you right up! This guy is a polishing expert! He asked if I wanted to see the best polish ever? I said sure, He showed me a shelf full of about 50 bottles of miscelanneous polishes and said that this new one blew away anything else he'd ever tried! It's just Diamond Brite Truck Box polish from Lowes and is Incredible!

Anyway for $30 he ceramic coated my tips and polished them up nice for me. I can't wait to put them back on the truck!

Here's some info about the coating:
http://www.petersperformance.com/shop/ceramic.htm

Old 05-07-2005 | 11:04 PM
Man thats a HUGE difference, they are going to look great back on your truck! Now you just got to keep them looking that good!

Old 05-08-2005 | 02:01 PM
Very nice! It will look great on the truck.Im thinking about getting my silverbullet done now since it is rusting.was it expensive?

Old 05-08-2005 | 07:38 PM
Wow, those things look good. I just bought a set of 4" Magnaflow tips from Chickenears, but they aren't curved like the stock ones are. Tim at Chickenears says they'll weld right up even though the Magnaflow tips he sells are straight, approx. 12" long, what do you guys think? Will they weld up right and look right???

Old 05-08-2005 | 07:42 PM
There's the answer for those MAC catback tips that rust while you are installing them.

Old 05-08-2005 | 08:50 PM
|
I came this "." close to getting a MAC catback for the nice tips alone. But I really like the sound of the stock muffler. Didn't want any extra noise.

rkoenig, any [good] exhaust shop can weld those Magnaflow tips right up for you. They'll just have to modify where the pipes exit the muffler.

Old 05-08-2005 | 08:55 PM
Anybody have rusting problems with the silver bullet setup? had mine for about 3 months & is rusting pretty bad.

Old 05-09-2005 | 08:50 AM
Does anyone make replacement tips that are a direct fit?

Quick Reply: Stock Exhaust Tip Upgrade