Lightning

Johnny LIghtning Cool box. Good r Bad idea ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005 | 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Torqy
"nuthug?"

Is that a verb?
Yes, but it can be used as a noun in it's alternate from nuthugger.

Old 05-12-2005 | 06:13 PM
You guys act like this product is going to help the average user and its not a cost effective mod. Why is it so horrible that someone points that out??
Well if thats the case then....

JDM's stage II kit....well actually all of there stages are NOT COST EFFECTIVE for the average user. Trust me you can find all the stuff in there "stage packages" for alot cheaper else were. Plus you get good customer service.

So is that horrible of me to point out?

Old 05-12-2005 | 06:15 PM
Originally posted by TIMS01L
Well if thats the case then....

JDM's stage II kit....well actually all of there stages are NOT COST EFFECTIVE for the average user. Trust me you can find all the stuff in there "stage packages" for alot cheaper else were. Plus you get good customer service.

So is that horrible of me to point out?

Nope.

Never bought a part from JDM myself.

Old 05-12-2005 | 06:38 PM
waveblaster

so if someone wants a JL probuct then they are nuthugging? I didnt say you were bad mouthing JL. You were, However, crappin' up the post all because you thought someone was taking up for JL. I am not taking up for a vendor, I dont have a JL product on my truck so I'm not really defending anyone. All you really had to do is post why you didnt like the power cooler and why another product would be better, thats all he was really lookin for, instead you had to go with the whole what a **** joke.

Can you offer up any more info on power coolers and your experience with them? Thats all I would really care about reading.....

Old 05-12-2005 | 06:40 PM
Originally posted by WaveBlaster785
Eh, it's borderline.

If I made a post about a product and the person who I usually buy from said, hey, I can get you better results cheaper, I would be grateful.

I can understand your side, but seriously, if there wasn't competition lightning prices would be higher than they are now. Of course as soon as I said something though I was immediately bashing Johnny
Well, the tactful thing to do would be to contact him offline. Since he is a customer, they have his contact info. Jumping in this thread shows a lack of class.

-Mark

Old 05-12-2005 | 06:48 PM
Re: waveblaster

Originally posted by flightmedic

Can you offer up any more info on power coolers and your experience with them? Thats all I would really care about reading.....
Never bought one, I think they are a waste of money unless you bracketrace or drag every weekend. It's a mod about equivalent to taking off your hitch or tailgate. More trouble than it's worth.

For guys running high boost or who have aftermarket blowers, maybe it helps a bit, but for a guy with just a pulley and tune, why bother?

You are the one who made it about JL. I never mentioned his name. You brought it up.

Old 05-12-2005 | 06:50 PM
Originally posted by St Louis Lightning
Well, the tactful thing to do would be to contact him offline. Since he is a customer, they have his contact info. Jumping in this thread shows a lack of class.

-Mark
Agreed he could contact him offline. But it's really no biggie. Customer retention is key.

Old 05-12-2005 | 07:21 PM
Everyone sells an oversize heat exchanger right? Why? More volume to help keep temps down, but once up to temp your pretty much done. Now install a powercooler in the bed, pack it full of ice and not only does your temp go way down, but since your running a larger H/E, the larger volume of the fluid is cooler as well, and it stays that way up to the staging lanes and during the entire run. It chills the fluid.

The underhood tanks only hold more volume, and are not chillers. The supercooler and powercooler are the only chillers on the market and it just so happens JL is the only one selling them.

Yes, its a good product and they work great.

Local Tbird guy has one here mounted in his trunk and he runs 9's on some chilly I/C setup.

Steve A.

Old 05-12-2005 | 07:56 PM
good post, thank you sir......

Old 05-13-2005 | 01:13 AM
Vortech makes one that is cheap and works very well. I think Ramairsvt and Goat both use one with good success.

Old 05-13-2005 | 02:19 AM
I have some experience with them. They do cool off the intake charge on a pass. But every fricking time I see someone trying to use it, they are going through eight grades of hell trying to keep ice in the messy ***** fockers.

I'll go one step further....do me a favor and park, your water bucket toting-cooler having truck, off in the fricking grass somewhere. They should outlaw the gawt damned things at organized events.

In short...the d@mned things create a mess for other racers to have to slop around in.

Rocks

Old 05-13-2005 | 02:46 AM
Suspended
I did think it ironic that Jim was trying to save someone money....

Old 05-13-2005 | 03:09 AM
They will make you more power at the track...

Old 05-13-2005 | 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by JeffsLightning
They will make you more power at the track...

damn the website looks a litlle wierd now......
damn you work nights and look what happens when u get home LOL!!!

Old 05-13-2005 | 04:09 PM
I have no physical dyno evidence, but from the one that is mounted in my bed, I have extracted the following temp readings. When fillled with ice with a temp gauge in the line, I have readings of 32.5-35 degrees depending on humidity and how packed the cooler is with ice. The gauge is on the return line after the ic, so my thoughts on the entire deal is with the temps being that much cooler running through the system, how is it not better? Again, I have no dyno evidence, just the difference in temps that I have been seeing.

Matt

Quick Reply: Johnny LIghtning Cool box. Good r Bad idea ?