Lightning

A few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005 | 04:50 PM
|
A few questions.

I just bought an 05 Seadoo RXP, and I was wondering what tires everyone is running while towing their pwc's and boats. The F1's on the truck are about shot at 15k and they seem to be magnets for screws and nails, my right rear tire looks like its about 5 more miles away from pulling a "superfords" and separating. I am looking at the Toyo Proxies as I have had them before but never on a truck. The ramp where I will be putting in at is fairly steep and always seems to be wet. I have seen alot of vehicles strugle getting their boats out of the water and spinning all the way up the ramp. Does anyone think I would have any problems getting in and out of the water. The reason I am concerned is I remember someone saying, a while back, that their truck went all the way into the water and was totaled, and I don't need this.

Thanks in advance for any help

Nick

Old 05-15-2005 | 05:16 PM
You shouldn't have a problem with the Proxes on a wet boat ramp. I found them better by far than the F1's in wet conditions....a very aggressive tread design.

Old 05-15-2005 | 05:32 PM
|
Thats exactly what I needed to hear, I was going to go with the BFG's but couldn't stomach the price! Thanks

Nick

Old 05-16-2005 | 08:45 AM
i use f1's with no problem. i have to put them in the water up to just below the hubs to get my jet ski floating because of the big tires on my trailer.

on a steep ramp i just drive out with 2 feet.

Quick Reply: A few questions.