Lightning

Paint problem anyone else have this.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005 | 08:57 PM
|
Paint problem anyone else have this.

Yea I am having a problem with the paint spider cracking. It is on the hood, left & right door and right above the gas tank. Is anyone else having this problem and has ford done anything about it.

Old 05-21-2005 | 08:58 PM
|
2 more

Old 05-21-2005 | 10:11 PM
Looks like True Blue... is it? I haven't seen anything like that on my true blue yet. The only issue I see is the crappy paint adhesion in the water troughs on the top of the cab. My red '99 was re-painted under warranty for that, and it was all messed up after that. I am not going to mess with getting the true blue fixed like that... I'll just live with it. Funny thing was that the dealer had to fix the pass. side bed side after someone leaned up on it while they had it and put a scratch in it. The ended up having the bed side re-done, and I was quite pleased with it... shocked me.

Old 05-21-2005 | 10:13 PM
before mine was repainted, i kinda had something like that on only the hood.

Old 05-22-2005 | 10:23 AM
|
Cub Cadet My turck is a black, not a true blue. I guess from the way the sun was hitting it and how close I was taking the pics. It made the color come out odd.

Old 05-22-2005 | 11:21 AM
Is your truck garage kept and waxed regularly? Has it been repainted?? If your truck sits out in the elements alot and/or doesnt get waxed frequently cracking/crazing can happen. From the closeup pics your paint does looks a little rough. Cracking also can happen from excessive film buildup, such as new paint over the factory paint, or using too much hardener in the clear.
Might be a tough sell to try and get Ford to repaint.

Jason

Old 05-22-2005 | 03:55 PM
|
Originally Posted by StruckBy99
Is your truck garage kept and waxed regularly? Has it been repainted?? If your truck sits out in the elements alot and/or doesnt get waxed frequently cracking/crazing can happen. From the closeup pics your paint does looks a little rough. Cracking also can happen from excessive film buildup, such as new paint over the factory paint, or using too much hardener in the clear.
Might be a tough sell to try and get Ford to repaint.

Jason

No it is not garage, but I keep it covered all the time when it is not being used. Repaint I dont know. I am the 2nd owner and never had it painted. I wax it once a month. I use this place for cleaners and wax. http://www.griotsgarage.com/index.jsp

Old 05-22-2005 | 07:31 PM
No paint problems here. Havn't heard of any..

PEacE.....................
Jim

Old 05-24-2005 | 04:32 PM
When I had the 00 HD, the paint cracked in the channels on the roof. It wasn't necessarily a garage queen, and the AZ heat may have had something to do with it. Anyhow, it was about 2 years old at the time, and Ford still repainted it under warranty.

Old 05-24-2005 | 04:42 PM
i have a little bit of that on my rear bumper

Old 05-24-2005 | 04:51 PM
me too........things like that happened on the plastic parts more often
its the paint that was used........
according to a few body shops I talked to, this was what they told me......they used a non-flex paint on the plastic parts. they should of used a flexible paint for plastics to do that......

Old 05-28-2005 | 01:37 AM
well even if there was an answer as to why the paint is cracked. The bottom line is there is nothing that can be done to salvage it except touch up and buffing. But if somehow you were unlucky enough to get the truck with the bad paint from the factory you may be touching it up and buffing alot. Hopefully you wont get anymore cracks like that because ive seen lots of old fords especially with big patches of missing paint, like it just wore off.

Quick Reply: Paint problem anyone else have this.