Lightning

coil packs..

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005 | 05:15 AM
|
coil packs..

Can someone tell me symptoms of when coil packs go bad? I believe i'm narrowing things down to maybe the coil packs are my problem..Seems as if i'm giving my truck more throttle than it will move.. I have to mash the pedal almost all the way down just to downshift to third..Also it takes my truck a lot of effort to climb hills.. I flushed out my injection system, changed oil, tranny fluid, fuel filter, plugs... I'm hoping the only thing left is a clogged intercooler or bad coil packs. truck has over 100,000 miles..I'm going to clean my intercooler out anyway this weekend.. Is there any type of electrical device that I can purchase at auto zone to test my coil packs?

Thanks

Old 06-06-2005 | 07:46 AM
When the wife had one go out on her Expy. I thought the trans was slipping but it turns out is it was a coil pack. If I were you I would put a code scanner on it to see what was happening, some issues do not trip the light. This should tell you if you are having any misfires & where.

Mike

Old 06-06-2005 | 07:53 AM
Waekon 76560 - Coil On Plug (COP) Ignition Quick Probe

There is no faster way to verify the proper firing of a coil on plug ignition coil and spark plug. Simply press the probe against the coil.

$59.74
Retail Price: $94.95
You save: 37%

http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/wae76560.html

Old 06-06-2005 | 02:52 PM
Rob02......

Thank you sir....That is exactly why I come here. I had the same question but had never posted it. I will be ordering one soon.

Quick Reply: coil packs..