Lightning

I installed a Ported Eaton (Wasp Generation 2)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 10:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lurker
OK, time to show my ignorance...

The MP has straight cut rotors? Are they longer than the Eaton's?
Lurker, there's no rotor pack in the MP in that pic, you are seeing the machined surface of the inside of the case.

Old 06-23-2005, 10:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, time to show my ignorance...

The MP has straight cut rotors? Are they longer than the Eaton's?
it uses the rotors out of an eaton. the mp in the pic is an emtpy case. the rotors are set forward in the case about 3/4" that is why it looks longer

HEY SAL:
did you get my email about the tune? can you call me sometime when you get a chance, my number is in the email.

Last edited by brain bypass; 06-23-2005 at 11:06 AM.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by brain bypass
it uses the rotors out of an eaton. the mp in the pic is an emtpy case. the rotors are set forward in the case about 3/4" that is why it looks longer
Yep.

You can see the difference between the two here.

Last edited by Master Of Pain; 06-23-2005 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:50 PM
evo
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Master Of Pain
Very interesting, indeed. Right now I have a MP with a 6# lower and I'm only making 398/477, and I have a JL intake, SCT MAF with a C/L plenum and a SBTB, with a Bassani catback on the other end. I am very dissatisfied with the output right now and I'm looking for reasons beyond a bad tune.

Wow, That does seem low for what you have for mods. I have a stock eaton w/ 4lber, 9100, af1, catback, efan, sbtb and I run 396rwhp 472rwtq. with a conservative tune. So I would say your #'s are way low.

Old 06-23-2005, 08:14 PM
[QUOTE=Rob_02Lightning]

Prob hiding in a drunken stupper. He is now FINALLY faster,
but until "HE" runs a better et, you know the routine......

QUOTE]

With a statement like that, it seems like your sucking on more than a joint, unless you call them both a joint. :-O
Don't know what you mean by finally faster, since I beat your *** everytime we raced. If your talking about the 11.8 slip you like to hang your hat on, you know, the one you have NEVER come close to again. Well my friend, I've run below that many times on my cold weather street tune. And my race tune? It will make you a LOONY bastard :-)
It seems like my truck is getting faster and yours is well, staying the same!!!!! Slower than mine :-)))))

And your saying on that "other board" that I called to say how sorry I was that your blew your motor. Wrong again, bald boy!
I called to say I was sorry to hear your motor was apart, which I now know was wrong. But it does appear that maybe it should be apart. Another thing I told you, if you weren't stoned and can't remember, is that you where a fool to put the stock valves back in your motor. And if you would have done that, then Iam sure new springs would have gone in.
And I would bet this problem would not even be an issue.......

You do have to admit though, its funny as hell, that a certain someone would offer to do the cam install for you.......I'd call Mat for a recommendation firstLOL
Since your so good at yapping your jaw, why not run your truck against my Explorer, on street tires ofcourse . I should be good for a 2 sec head start, on the tree. And with your reaction times, it's as good as a 4 sec head start

1 more thing.......I got an upper pulley tool, for you to use.

Just call Biatch

Old 06-23-2005, 08:39 PM
WOO HOO, I knew that would get Gator sober enough for a reply

Sup Buddy
Sorry Bro,
With so many Rob rumors going around, I forget which one came from who.
I've heard it all; my motor is in pieces at Sals, my Inserts shot out of my heads, I blew it up, you name it the rumors are out there.

Sorry for the mix up Gatmister, and dont worry about me I never planned to build a Beast as wild as you. I am extremely happy with my built motor and it runs great. I have the foundation I needed AND WANTED, just looking for some lost HP thats all.......

If I got to spray a 300 shot, SO BE IT ; o )

AND YES I REALLY NEED TO BORROW THAT PULLER PLEASE

BTW, when were all these ET's ran ???
Either way, lets fight off line, I dont want to **** off Tim,
he scares the schitt out of me when he starts posting those weird pic's

Last edited by Rob_02Lightning; 06-23-2005 at 08:41 PM.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Rob_02Lightning
With so many Rob rumors going around, I forget which one came from who.
Time to come clean, I heard you have a whipple on there. They won't let you publish the results because they can't fill any orders. Having the information out there would make people even more pissed off.

Old 06-23-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Fast Gator
... why not run your truck against my Explorer...
Please tell me you still have the battle wagon, err I mean LTD.

Old 06-23-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by St Louis Lightning
Time to come clean, I heard you have a whipple on there. They won't let you publish the results because they can't fill any orders. Having the information out there would make people even more pissed off.

I heard he had a KB on his truck, but it locked up and he had to replace it. But now the replacement is making even stranger noises

Old 06-23-2005, 09:47 PM
I heard he had a KB on his truck, but it locked up and he had to replace it. But now the replacement is making even stranger noises
Now Rob has another rumor to contend with!!
Glad to see you back Gator!
Best of luck Rob!
Bryan

Old 06-23-2005, 10:21 PM
A 300 shot with stock valve springs ???? Rob...you really don't want to do that. Boom....BIG BOOM

Hi Gator

I know a lot of people are struggling with the valve spring thing and aren't giving it much credit but if there is one person that could do a back to back test and then learn and then get the word out it would be you Rob.....you would do the lightning world a big service if you could teach them....seriously.
Dale

Old 06-23-2005, 10:37 PM

I got it! I wonder how many people this flew over their heads.

Old 06-23-2005, 11:10 PM
The back side of the intake valve is no more than 3 square inches which means that the spring's seat pressure would have to be less than 60 pounds to allow the valve to open at 20 psi. Anyone know the spec for the stock intake valve seat pressure?
The intake valve head has a diameter of only 1.74" that gives it a surface area of 2.4 sq inches. So it appears the spring had only 48 pounds pressure on the seat. I would think when they were new the seat pressure must have been greater then that. The heads came off an engine with about 54,000 miles.

Charles

Old 06-23-2005, 11:25 PM
When I calculate the valve area i subtract for valve seat so a 1.75 intake valve now has an effective area of about 1.6" and then I subtract the AREA of the 7mm valve stem which isn't much but it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy .

Old 06-24-2005, 05:27 AM
Originally Posted by Bad as L
A 300 shot with stock valve springs ???? Rob...you really don't want to do that. Boom....BIG BOOM

Hi Gator

Hi my Lightning brother

Can't you see Rob's desperate, in his attempt to keep up
Rob......call me this morning @ 9, and I'll overnight you the pulley tool. Can't carry my cellphone in the refinery, so I leave it in the breakroom. Thats the number you called last night. Call between 9-9:30 or 11:45-12:30

Last edited by Fast Gator; 06-24-2005 at 05:29 AM.

Quick Reply: I installed a Ported Eaton (Wasp Generation 2)