Lightning

How do I adjust front bummper

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do I adjust front bummper

I have a problem where my drivers side of the bumper sits a 1/2inch lower then the passanger side. I losened four blots on the drivers side and only gain about a 1/4 inch. Is there anway to get it up more. Has anyone else had this problem.

Here are a few pics.

front on shot

kind of hard to tell form those pics
my truck and someone else

Old 06-24-2005, 05:06 PM
Some one posted this for me once. I havent tried it yet.

Drop the rubber shield under the lower grill, remove 2 screws that hold the I/C heat exchanger in place. Lower the heat exchanger and move it out of the way. Don t disconnect it just move it. Then remove the upper shield from the bumper. You should have clear access. Above the frame rail on each side are 2, 21mm nuts, you can t see them but you should be able to feel them and get a socket on, loosen al 4 nuts, this will give you the up and down as well as side to side adjustment , carefully use a floor jack and a block of wood to raise it into posistion then tighten it down, repeat on the othe side until you get the gap you require (I had friend help and it made thing a little easier)

This is the more or less word for word the instruction posted by Silver-Bolt which I followed without removing bumper cover, so if you have a success thanks should go to him.

let me know how it works out for you.

Old 06-24-2005, 05:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jkstang78
. . . Is there anway to get it up more?

Old 06-24-2005, 05:30 PM
Old 06-24-2005, 06:07 PM
That Tim is so funny!

Old 06-24-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Tim Skelton

LMAO you got me on that one

Old 06-24-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by KIRST8404
Some one posted this for me once. I havent tried it yet.

Drop the rubber shield under the lower grill, remove 2 screws that hold the I/C heat exchanger in place. Lower the heat exchanger and move it out of the way. Don t disconnect it just move it. Then remove the upper shield from the bumper. You should have clear access. Above the frame rail on each side are 2, 21mm nuts, you can t see them but you should be able to feel them and get a socket on, loosen al 4 nuts, this will give you the up and down as well as side to side adjustment , carefully use a floor jack and a block of wood to raise it into posistion then tighten it down, repeat on the othe side until you get the gap you require (I had friend help and it made thing a little easier)

This is the more or less word for word the instruction posted by Silver-Bolt which I followed without removing bumper cover, so if you have a success thanks should go to him.

let me know how it works out for you.

I will try this when I get a chance hopefully this weekend thanks Jason

Quick Reply: How do I adjust front bummper