Lightning

Eaton Vs Magnum Dyno 6 29 05

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 09:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes

and again.........that's all well and fine when everything is working the way it should. But in the real world, and not internet message board tuning, that doesn't always happen.

If there is a problem with either the injectors or maf, it may not cause it to not run..........but it might not run right.

You can have a motor that seems to run fine.......but if it's fouling plugs or melting plugs........obviously something isn't right, doesn't matter what voltage the maf is putting out and what your a/f fuel is.

So if the maf is reading withing range.........and the a/f is within where your tuning it........but plugs are getting damaged...........that's ok? Obviously not.

This is where someone who really knows how to tune and really understands motors comes into play

Old 07-05-2005, 09:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tallimeca

This is where someone who really knows how to tune and really understands motors comes into play
Care to explain that statement?

Old 07-05-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by LightningTuner
Sal; there are some here that are a lost causes to even try to reason with and discuss anything related to tuning

Old 07-05-2005, 10:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Casey02L
Sal; there are some here that are a lost causes to even try to reason with and discuss anything related to tuning
I know Casey . I was just asking because "those" people keep saying what we know they are saying in indescrete ways, and then getting offensive when other people accuse them of saying it.

Old 07-05-2005, 10:24 AM
Perhaps some generous member would care to loan Rob a KB for the purposes of troubleshooting within a 5,000 mile rebuild window.

Old 07-05-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by tallimeca

damn, dont cheapshot the guy to much!!!
are you trying to say SAL doesnt know what he is doing???

Last edited by blown318; 07-05-2005 at 10:32 AM.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by LightningTuner
I know Casey . I was just asking because "those" people keep saying what we know they are saying in indescrete ways, and then getting offensive when other people accuse them of saying it.
"they" seem to know everyone's problems, how to build a motor, tune any vehicle to the max, set up a suspension perfectly, yet they don't own their own successfull shop.

Go figure!

Old 07-05-2005, 11:15 AM
This post makes me laugh my azz off. For one, it is fri ggin summer time, and y'all should find something better to do than banging keyboards. (If it was winter, I would be right in the thick of this thread, but I've been too busy at the beach every day!)

I think Rocks hit it right on the head. Performance isn't cheap. Tallimecca hit it right on the head. The blower is doing its job...its time to find out why plugs are being burnt. I think there are a lot of jelous biatches here, and a lot of mouse pad mechanics telling everyone what they should do. And calling the rest of us chearleaders. I'll tell ya what....someone bust out the cheerleader pic for me, cause I'm the biggest one going! I LOVE MY MP JDM TUNED TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't been down the 1/4 yet with it, but I know it pulls like a ****!!!!

Old 07-05-2005, 11:16 AM
putting in my unsubscribe since everyone is p!ssing on each others feet and apparently the notification is screwed up on this board. anyway, it's been a hoot watching this thread, from Jim@JDM unprofessionally and immaturely calling somebody an idiot and trying to call them out to a race, again (even though he/she deserved it... but can't you take the high road and not stoop to that level?) and Sal needlessly defending himself over and over !!! sheesh....

good luck with that Eaton, Rob, hope she holds together and I will patiently await the results of the valve spring upgrade. peace

Old 07-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by samiam513
"they" seem to know everyone's problems, how to build a motor, tune any vehicle to the max, set up a suspension perfectly, yet they don't own their own successfull shop.

Go figure!

Hahahaha...thats pretty funny, since myself, and Tallimecca own our bussiness, or atleast family bussinesses. We just work on different types of engines.

Old 07-05-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by blown318
damn, dont cheapshot the guy to much!!!
are you trying to say SAL doesnt know what he is doing???

I don't think he's saying that at all... but perhaps why you would put stock value springs, that were already taking a lot of abuse on the stock block b/c of the NOS setup, in a built motor?

Old 07-05-2005, 11:50 AM
Some people here seem to miss the point that the results Rob seen with the MP are wide spread. While you can attempt to pick apart his choices for certain parts, you can't explain away the lack of results on trucks maxing at 17-18 psi. Or trucks with aftermarket heads not seeing gains either.

To suggest that Sal can tune a ported truck, Works truck, KB truck, turbo truck, but not a MP truck is silly. Something about the MP is just completely beyond his tuning abilities I guess....

-Mark

Old 07-05-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by St Louis Lightning
Some people here seem to miss the point that the results Rob seen with the MP are wide spread. While you can attempt to pick apart his choices for certain parts, you can't explain away the lack of results on trucks maxing at 17-18 psi. Or trucks with aftermarket heads not seeing gains either.

To suggest that Sal can tune a ported truck, Works truck, KB truck, turbo truck, but not a MP truck is silly. Something about the MP is just completely beyond his tuning abilities I guess....

-Mark
Rob's case is unique, because it's Rob...

Old 07-05-2005, 12:23 PM
wtf I just spent from the time I got to work til now (11:00) reading all 16 pages of this.

Old 07-05-2005, 12:29 PM
yes I will

You are completely taking it the wrong way. This was in no way a cheap shot at anyone.

I was just replying to the post that Casey made making tuning sound as easy as pie.

What I was saying is yeah, anyone can play around with a hand program or even tuning software and make a vehicle run......even add performance.

But when problems like these arise, it's not simple. These are the times you NEED SOMEONE WITH EXPERIENCE LIKE SAL.........OR JIM, OR JOHNNY OR ANYONE that have had their hands on hundreds of trucks and successfully solve problems like this and make their customers happy.

Just because I use JDM doesn't mean I discredit anyone else. Some of you guys are just plain block heads. I'm not on this thread typing for me health. I've been learning alot myself and trying to bring up points and help some people that don't understand things when they chime in .

Quick Reply: Eaton Vs Magnum Dyno 6 29 05