Lightning

Cobalt boost gauge ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobalt boost gauge ?

I just got in my cobalt series boost/vacuum ATM-6107 gauge and it doesn't set exactly on 0 when the truck is off. I remember reading on here that someone knows how to recalibrate it but I have searched and just cant find it. Does anyone know how or is this just normal for a 2 1/16" gauge to be like that? I know while driving its ***** on 8psi so is the factory gauge but isn't it supposed to be at 0 when off Is there still a small degree of vacuum with the engine off

Thanks guys
Josh

Last edited by Mini_K; 07-01-2005 at 11:29 PM.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:24 PM
Take the guage out of the pod and pull the light socket out of the back. Look inside the light socket hole. There is a semi-flat looking large copper tube that winds about 2/3rds the way around the inside of the guage body. One end of the tube is connected to a boost source and the other end is connected to a gear arangement.

Anyway.....get in there with a pencil or something and push on that tube and watch the guage face you will see the dial move.
Now with a little bit of messing around you should be able to calibrate your own boost guage. Keep pressing on the tube until the gauge reads "0". AND DONT BREAK ANYTHING

Old 07-04-2005, 12:53 PM
awesome, thanks

I just didn't want to go poking at things without knowing what to poke

Old 07-04-2005, 01:50 PM
http://www.gadgetseller.com/gauges/modifiedproducts.htm

The recalibrate A/F gauges so that these are not LIGHT SHOW only gauges anymore. Not sure about BOOST gauges though.

Quick Reply: Cobalt boost gauge ?