Lightning

*RACE TESTED* No2 Test Results!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005 | 10:15 PM
|
Thumbs up *RACE TESTED* No2 Test Results!

We @ JLP Were Sent a NO2 system from Denny @ RACE TESTED To Give it a try and report HONEST Results!..We Have done MANY Test like this in the past with different products. Some Worked as they said it would. and some didn't! (We took some heat from some of those test but),Regardless we @ JLP Have Always stated the facts and Truth of our findings...
I would like to Thank Denny and RACE TESTED for Trusting JLP To give thier product a FAIR and HONEST Test!.. Inwhich we are Thankful for..We were unable at this time to test the kit on our Dyno..However we did have enough time to install the kit and get to the track this past saturday! Thats the True Test IMHO! On the Old 1320! (We all seen Huge Dyno #'s in the past wich didn't match up on the track ) Well here we go ,The temps were Horrible over 100* on the track with 90+% Humidity! Like a Steam Room!.So the conditions were not the greatest to say the least..we have been running high 9's @ 140+ with the SAME Setup on the truck with the exception of aZEX Kit with a 150 shot!... We had a 150 shot setup in the Race tested Kit. We set the start setup @ 25% around a 38 shot!(Baby shot!)..@ .9 sec delay,after that we had the unit kick in 80% roughly 120 shot..This unit is Simply Awsome we can not only setup the amount of NO2 we want,but when we want it!..The Unit worked Flawless! The truck went 9.84 @ 140.8 with a 1.48 60 ft!.. Considering how Easy we were on the settings and the delays we set up. This System Simply Out performed the Zex kit hands down by far!..We'll be going back to the track next week, we'll turn the delays off and shoot a FULL 150 shot 100% All the way!..Time wouldn't permit us to do more testing saturday..So we'll do more next weekend @ The NMRA Race in KS. No doubt if this kit already performed the same results as the other. with a delay and starting off with a 38 shot then comming on to Only a 120 shot!..I feel with out a doubt when we turn it up to a true 150 shot with No delays if the truck hooks we'll see atleast .3-.4 tenths off our previous best!(9.7)
This should put us around 9.3-9.4..We @ JLP Give this Set-up RACE TESTED a Huge And Would Highly Reccomend This set-upTo Those who want the Most out of NO2! Its simply Amazing!..We'll keep everyone posted on some later testing and i'm sure NewRECORD Times!....JL

Last edited by JohnnyLightning; 07-03-2005 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-03-2005 | 10:32 PM

YOU DA MAN JOHNNY...

CONGRATS AND WOO HOO

Old 07-03-2005 | 10:50 PM
Look forward to seeing it run next weekend!!

Scott

Old 07-03-2005 | 10:59 PM
|

Will You be running your new truck? Hope you meet your goal. Look forward in meeting you... JL

Old 07-03-2005 | 11:43 PM
JLP Rocks Thanks again for my new best, in that heat! First pass with new combo 10.51@129.9 Dave

Old 07-04-2005 | 07:10 AM
Johnny.
I am sure Denny will chime in but its NOT 38 and 120. its 150 shot pulsed 25% and 150 shot pulsed 80%.

The jet size has not changed. Just the % pulsed.

150 is still 150.

VINNIE

BTW- My racetested kit should be on for this weekend also. WOOOHOOO

Old 07-04-2005 | 07:25 AM
Yes I love my Race Tested set-up...the adjustability is awesome!
wjm

Old 07-04-2005 | 09:04 AM
Uh V, maybe you should get out your calculator

That is the way it works,
the Nozzle size is the nozzle size,
the Power Level you have it set on, is the % that HP is used
Since I use 100 HP jets, if I had it set on 50% I would in fact be spraying 100 HP 50% of the time, which DOES = 50 HP overall used in the Run

Johnny knows that, and how the system works
25% of 150 HP = 37.5, SO HE IS CORRECT, he used 38 HP in theory at first.
and 80% of 150 HP = 120, SO HE IS CORRECT AGAIN
Bottom line, THERE IS A SCHITT LOAD OF THE OVER ALL HP HE DID NOT USE
and you need to go back to school

Last edited by Rob_02Lightning; 07-04-2005 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-04-2005 | 10:05 AM
Rob and JL are correct on the power output. What confuses people with a progressive set-up is they they think they are only delivery 50hp with a 50% setting using 100hp jets. When in fact you are getting pulses of 100hp for 50% of the time. Why the technicality's? Well some people do strange things as you are all aware of. Putting in 300hp jets yet only having a 50% final power thinking your motor will be fine spraying 150hp won't be true as you are getting blasts of 300hp but in pulses to deliver only 150hp. It's better to teach people to jet closer to their maximum power as it's safer on a given motor.

Think of it this way. You have boost and for 50% of the 1/4 mile run you boosted to 30psi and the other half only 10psi. You can't take your average of 20psi and think that was a safe psi to run as you were actually at 30psi at one point. I think that made sense?

Old 07-04-2005 | 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by JohnnyLightning

Will You be running your new truck? Hope you meet your goal. Look forward in meeting you... JL
I may run, Im waiting on a 54 gallon drum of C-16. I will be with the MKLO trucks you cant miss our Banner!

Scott

Old 07-04-2005 | 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by racetested
When in fact you are getting pulses of 100hp for 50% of the time. :
That is exactly what I said.

The jets do not change size. 150 is still 150. just the % changes.

VINNIE

Old 07-04-2005 | 01:35 PM
I hope those of you planning on running that setup make it thru tech inspection.

Last time I checked, plastic nitrous and plastic fuel lines werent allowed, only braided and steel.

any input on this from racetested?

Steve A.

Old 07-04-2005 | 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by nineseclightnin
I hope those of you planning on running that setup make it thru tech inspection.

Last time I checked, plastic nitrous and plastic fuel lines werent allowed, only braided and steel.

any input on this from racetested?

Steve A.
The only rules I see are all bottles must be stamped with a DOT – 1800 pound rating and additional requirements if mounted inside vehicle. Must be securely mounted. I don't see anything about lines besides some tracks saying all lines and fittings should be from the same company.

-Mark

Old 07-04-2005 | 02:15 PM
We are fully aware of the rules and wouldn't make a kit that people can't use. Doesn't make much sense now would it? The rules say that the nitrous supply line from the bottle to the engine bay has to be stainless braided or manufacturers spec. We offer a braided nitrous supply line upgrade at no extra cost on base kits if a customer has any issues with the nylon supply line but then a purge needs to be added for optimal results. Under the hood can be nylon last time I checked. Proof of this would be our IHRA Pro Mod car using nylon under the hood the last several years before swapping to a true direct port as seen in our gallery and JLP making his runs which I believe were at an NHRA track?

Old 07-04-2005 | 03:39 PM
Johnny,

That sounds like good news to me, I'm sure the rest of the test (when you get time), will also produce positive results.

Denny had a go at clarifying the way the pulsed system works but from this extract and that of others it still may not be totally clear.

We had a 150 shot set-up in the Race tested Kit. We set the start set-up @ 25% around a 38 shot!(Baby shot!)..

Just as you say with the system set to 25%, you started your run by adding an average of just 38 hp (even though this is achieved by pulses of 150 hp for just 1/4 of the time). How this is achieved in the real world is that the average delivery pressure is lowered which results in the average flow being lowered. It's not quite as harsh as Denny indicated (although it's my fault for explaining it to him that way in one of our early discussions), because you have a length of pipe and an inlet manifold to 'dampen and spread out' the pure pulses of 150 hp, so none of the engine cycles were actually seeing 150 hp (you have to have a system like our U.S. Promod car to experience that). It depends on a number of factors what the engine actually sees and you may have had some cycles receiving 75 or more hp and others getting nothing but it's my guess on your vehicle and set up that you'd be very near to all cycles getting 38 hp.

You then made the following statement which I may be taking in a different manner to how you intended it, because we're on opposite sides of the big pond but I thought I'd clarify it just to be on the safe side.

@ .9 sec delay,after that we had the unit kick in 80% roughly 120 shot

Now as I said I may be wrong but to make sure this is clear to everyone, this suggests to me that you believe that the system starts by delivering 25% and then 'jumps' to 80% 0.9 secs later. What actually happens is that as you say it starts by delivering 25% but it doesn't 'jump' (or switch) to 80% 0.9 secs later, what the unit does is smoothly increase the percentage delivery rate 'over' 0.9 secs to the 80% level. For example after 0.5 secs of the run, the power delivery level might have been roughly 60%.
The higher the percentage setting the more precise the actual power increase from the engine / system, therefore at 80% you would have ONLY been adding 120 hp as you stated.

Please allow me to suggest that rather than reducing the build time (what you called delay), you just reduce it to no less than 0.5 secs and rely on the extra 30 hp available by increasing the final power to the 100% setting.

By the way it's good to hear you're happy with the system and I'd like to wish you good luck with your future testing and I look forward to reading your next report.

Regards
Trev The WIZARD of NOS

Quick Reply: *RACE TESTED* No2 Test Results!