Lightning

anyone go to Bristol Street Fights?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone go to Bristol Street Fights?

just wondering how many runs I might expect to get in. was thinking about going this Thur which has Power Hour so I guess runs will be from 6-9. it's a bit of a drive for me so hoping to get in a decent number of runs. do they usually get the crowd in and tech'd pretty quick if I got there at 5:30ish? hope to see any of you guys there. thx

Old 07-05-2005, 09:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Slick_Sammy
just wondering how many runs I might expect to get in. was thinking about going this Thur which has Power Hour so I guess runs will be from 6-9. it's a bit of a drive for me so hoping to get in a decent number of runs. do they usually get the crowd in and tech'd pretty quick if I got there at 5:30ish? hope to see any of you guys there. thx
No, but I went to the FFW there last year and will be going again this year.
You gonna be there SS? I need to check that snubber mount.

Old 07-05-2005, 09:47 PM
Street Fights

I'll be there. Don't think I'm running this time. Waiting for cooler weather. Last time I went I got 8 runs in and probably could have got 10 or 11. Wasn't power hour though. You should tech in quick at 5:30. I'll look for you. Be good to see another L. There was one other last time but he wasn't quite on L pace, not even stock pace. I ran a 13.8 last time stock. I may run, it's hard to resist once your there.

Old 07-05-2005, 09:50 PM
street fights

oh yeah, 2004 DSG L, can't miss it.They stick out like sore thumbs in the staging lanes. On the bristolstreetfights.com homepage I'm the one right in the middle in the staging lane photo.

Old 07-05-2005, 09:51 PM
street fights

that is..... if I race!

Old 07-06-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by Marc Carpenter
No, but I went to the FFW there last year and will be going again this year.
You gonna be there SS? I need to check that snubber mount.
I would love to, I may, I don't know yet. I have so much going on the next couple months I don't know if I can make it.

Tested out the snubber out this weekend. I could feel it kind of plant the rear and lift a little in some street tests with my Hoosiers but I was too focused at the track to even notice what was happening. Probably need to close the gap a little with the snubber. It should have plenty of travel when towing... will test that next weekend.

Old 07-06-2005, 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by darkagentL
I'll be there. Don't think I'm running this time. Waiting for cooler weather. Last time I went I got 8 runs in and probably could have got 10 or 11. Wasn't power hour though. You should tech in quick at 5:30. I'll look for you. Be good to see another L. There was one other last time but he wasn't quite on L pace, not even stock pace. I ran a 13.8 last time stock. I may run, it's hard to resist once your there.
Cool. I am pretty sure I'm going as long as nothing major pops up at work Thur. I am gunning for 12s and I know she has it in her but maybe not in this heat. Probably leave the Hoosier QTPs at home since they're just slowing me down right now..arrghh...they hook great but I'm apparently stalling at too low of a RPM to take advantage. Black 03 L, hope to see you there.

Old 07-06-2005, 11:41 AM
ah damnit, looks like bad weather shaping up for tomorrow evening... will try again next week.

Old 07-06-2005, 04:05 PM
street fights

Sounds like your a league or two up from me. Love to see you run a 12.XX. Yes I live a ways off myself. Watch the weather close. If there calling for a chance and it doesn't show the track will be empty. I went up there once when they were calling for rain and it didn't show and you could have run 30 times if you wanted. Just to let you know, they don't prep the track very well on street fight nights unless your in the power hour and Bristol's a couple tenths slower than most other tracks anyway. But if you catch it on a good cool night you can go low. Look forward to meeting you. I'll take some pics and maybe a vid for you if we meet up.

Old 07-06-2005, 04:22 PM
thanks for the heads up. Due to weather outlook it will probably be next week before I make it down. Apparently we're going to be hit with the remnants of a tropical storm. bristol's weather for tomorrow:

Tomorrow: Periods of rain. Rain may be heavy late. High around 80F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall may reach one inch. Flooding is likely in flood prone areas.

Tomorrow night: Rain...ending early. Remaining cloudy. Low 66F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall around a half an inch.

!@#$ %!@# $%@# I'm 2-2.25 hrs away (Radford, Exit 109 up I-81), and have a nice prepped 1/8th mi track 5 min from me. Haven't been to a 1/4th mi track yet. Went 8.17 in cool weather which should be good for 12s. Weather is killing me now, running high 8.3s, .4s, and a few low .5s. May bring the Hoosiers in case the ol F1s don't hook but haven't had a problem with either hooking... my truck just will not launch hard.

was hoping to practice at Bristol tomorrow on the tree for my local Sat DOT class since Fri they're running everyone on a Pro Tree which won't help me at all. oh well.... peace

Old 07-06-2005, 09:25 PM
pro tree

I'd love to try the pro tree. I've got the bracket tree down pretty good. I cut 5 out of 8 .05 lights last time. I was on F1's which I destroyed to cut the 2.00 sixty to get the 13.8 1/4. the 1/8th was 8.9 but at my local 1/8th I can turn 8.7 easy. Like I said Bristol is a little slow, but it's absolutely awesome going through the staging ports and running the track. Especially if you've watched it on TV since childhood like me. I work rotating 8 hr shifts so post up when you're gonna make the trip and I'll try to make it. I've got a buddy with a C5 vette that always meets me up there, you can grudge him if you want, I can't get him yet but a few mods and I should be all over him. Lot's of nice rides at street fights. 2 mustangs rule the world up there right now running low 8.XX's. Pretty cool scene if that means anything to you. Everybody seems real friendly and the local radio station K rock always makes it fun for the spectators. Take care.

Last edited by darkagentL; 07-06-2005 at 10:03 PM. Reason: errant reported times

Quick Reply: anyone go to Bristol Street Fights?