Lightning

cold air intake for my truck ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005 | 07:43 PM
|
cold air intake for my truck ?

I currently have an air raid enclosed filter cold air system..The problem is I have the Cobra AAD hood and it doesn't close completely...I had to practically saw the air box to make the hood close completely.. My cold air looks crappy this way..Does anyone know who makes a CAI system with correct measurements for the AAD cobra hood?

My buddy has a jonny lightning Cold air and he borrowed my hood and he didn't have any problems...Just wondering if anyone else out there carries a hood that will be ok with my hood..

Old 07-06-2005 | 08:41 PM
i've got jlp's intake with the AAD hood, just make sure when you take out rubber grommets underneith the box so it doesn't sit to high and hit the hood.

Old 07-07-2005 | 10:21 AM
I have the air force one kit with power pipe. Im waiting for some help tryin out my reflexxions cobra hood to see bout fitment before paint. Hopefully no clearance problems. By the way my af1 is a open system.

Old 07-07-2005 | 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by kwilt
i've got jlp's intake with the AAD hood, just make sure when you take out rubber grommets underneith the box so it doesn't sit to high and hit the hood.

Same here.........JLP cold air and the AAD Cobra hood. Works fine- no rubbing on the airbox anyway. Got some rubbing issues in some other spots.

Quick Reply: cold air intake for my truck ?