Lightning

Boost help..please

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005 | 06:55 PM
|
Boost help..please

Every time I get up to 5 pounds of boost it stalls.... I have no light on. It is all stock. I changed the feul filter and it still does it. Does anyone have a idea? It runs good till I get into it. and I don't do it except to get on the highway... and it is sad... and scary when it shuts off.

Old 07-07-2005 | 08:10 PM
Thats a new one to me ???
Many have that problem once chipped, but you did say stock RIGHT ?
No Chip ?

The only other time I have heard of it not being Chip OR COMPUTER related,
is with Chris's Lightning. The poor guy went nuts, changed EVERYTHING,
to FINALLY find out it was the Alt and Battery.

I assume you have checked all lines, hoses, plug connections under the hood, etc.

What if you go fast and DONT get into boost ?

What if you get into boost hard and then back off ?

Hope someone can add some input, keep us informed and good luck Bro....

Old 07-07-2005 | 09:09 PM
I need more info to help you out

Suavy

Old 07-07-2005 | 09:59 PM
|
I assume you have checked all lines, hoses, plug connections under the hood, etc.----YES _CHECKED ALL

What if you go fast and DONT get into boost ?No problem ----just when I hit 3/4 boost it stutters and if I am luckyit won't stall out on me!

What if you get into boost hard and then back off ?It will buck like a mule then shut off before I let off

Old 07-08-2005 | 06:55 AM
I would guess it has bad plugs or they are gapped wrong too tight or a bad coil pack(s) and when you get into it it sees the cylinder(s) not fireing and shuts off but I would think it would set a code.

Or depending on the year maybe the infamous fuel pump problem is there but I thought the truck would only idle when that happends.

Let us know what you find also did you try to reset the pcm (disconnect battery for like 5 min)

I would also get the pcm checked for codes it could be setting a soft code wich will not set off a ses light and another one just hit me check all the connections for inlet tube to throttle bady air filter I thought this happend to another truck and they found the inlet tube to throttle body was loose leaking air

good luck
Slick

Old 07-08-2005 | 06:09 PM
|
I did dis conect the battery for 'bout 1 hour. I have taken it in to check for code.... no codes!

Old 07-08-2005 | 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by SLICK0478
...another one just hit me check all the connections for inlet tube to throttle bady air filter I thought this happend to another truck and they found the inlet tube to throttle body was loose leaking air...
Slick
I second this one - same thing happened to me, with the same problem. It would stutter and die anytime I got into it, and it turned out to be my connection from the tube to the airbox. Make sure to go over everything from your air filter up to the throttle body. Check to be sure that nothing's loose, cracked, or not fitting right.

Let us know...

Old 07-08-2005 | 09:41 PM
|
I want to thank all of you...... found the inlet tube to throttle body was off!! and to think.. I looked alover. sometimes I miss the easy stuff!

Thanks again

me

Old 07-09-2005 | 07:03 AM
I am glad it was a easy fix, I would recommend checking the plugs if this happends more than a few times you might want to check or just change them to be safe

Slick

Old 07-09-2005 | 05:23 PM
|
I have a set sitting right next to me.... but wow... looks like a timely job!

Old 07-10-2005 | 04:16 AM
If you need a little info on plug changing....

http://home.midsouth.rr.com/lightnin...parkplugs.html

Quick Reply: Boost help..please