Lightning

Bassani cat back ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005 | 06:38 PM
RJG
|
Bassani cat back ?

Was looking for any feedback on the Bassani cat back system. My main question is for those who have or had this system is what's the drone/ resonation like in the cab at normal highway speeds at low RPM's.
Had a bad experience with Borlas on a corvette, the drone was enough to drive a sain person batty. Did a search, a lot of positives on performance and sound at WOT but wasn't much mentioned about cab resonation at low rpms.

Thanks

Old 07-08-2005 | 07:46 PM
My usual cruising speeds hover around 80 mph, and I dont really notice much of a drone at all - I'm able to hold a normal conversation inside the cab without interference from the catback...I know it's there, but its not that loud at all. Friends that I've passed on the freeway, however, definately know that I was there!

Old 07-08-2005 | 09:02 PM
I had many cobinations with a Bassani stainless cat-back. Never had a drone issue at all. All stock with Bassani, stock manifolds with Bassani high flow cats and mids and Bassani cat back, and also Kooks L/T, magnalow high flow cats and Bassani cat back. No issues. Great sound.

Old 07-08-2005 | 09:19 PM
I have just the Bassani cat back, everything else is stock and I have not experienced any drone. Not at highway speeds or cruising. For me it’s a perfect exhaust system. It’s a bit loader then stock at idle, but getting on it just a little to a lot it sounds excellent. Something that should have come on it from the factory…

As far as performance you won’t see any, at least nothing noticeable. My understanding from reading many post and seeing some data floating around is you will see NO gains or losses in hp or torque with a cat back, not until you get up somewhere around 450hp or so.

Do NOT buy it for performance on a stock truck or you will be disappointed. I bought mine for sound and sound alone…

Last edited by 01 XLT Sport; 07-08-2005 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-08-2005 | 11:00 PM
All i have is the S'Steel Bassani cat-back on so far, and at highway speeds you don't know it's hardly there. I actually wish it was a little louder,that's why i'm going to get the Bassani high flow catted mid-pipe. Then add some Kooks long tubes, to get a louder & better sound. But even now with just the cat back on, when you get on it the sound is oh' so good! When your on the highway going 75 or 80, and you let off the gas the rumble of the Bassani is music to the ears!

Old 07-08-2005 | 11:05 PM
I've got Kooks headers, hi-flow cats, x- connector and Bassini exhaust and I don't think it's particulary loud in the cab as you're cruising along. But as previously noted; if you get on it, they'll know you're coming.

Old 07-09-2005 | 12:22 AM
RJG
|
Bassani

Bassani mentions "quite thunder", do they offer different versions of mufflers on the cat back from quiet to louder?

Appreciate all of your feedback. I'm having JLP repair a head from a blown plug next week. I'm was thinking it was time for a few mods (exhaust-chip-pulley-cold air and tune) If I'm going to blow another plug might as well launch it through the hood.

Quick Reply: Bassani cat back ?