pcv kit

Does anyone have this kit installed on their truck? if so does it work

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=46098

02 hd
https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=6157

Last edited by 1gr8gem; 07-09-2005 at 08:26 AM. Reason: link not working
Old 07-08-2005, 11:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If that's the one on e-BAY right now, I was wondering about it also. When i clicked the link it didn't show the page.

Old 07-09-2005, 08:24 AM
it works now

Old 07-09-2005, 09:08 AM
That's the Lightning Enterprises kit, it worked for me. Before install I had the usual oilly TB, after 16,000 miles with the kit my TB is still clean.

Old 07-09-2005, 10:41 AM
i had that on my truck
i still use the pcv but i put a breather ontop of it cause i still got oil in the tb and boot
i also have an oil seperator on the pass side

Old 07-09-2005, 12:42 PM
lightinMike, so it works but not very well or does it work at all?, do you still get oil with all that?

Old 07-09-2005, 12:50 PM
Remember we have "2" oil sucking problems
The Lightning Enterprise Kit works GREAT, I use it, and it'll completely stopped
one of the problems, (oil in the Inlet Boot and Throttle Body).

Use a Breather along with that kit, and BOTH problems go away,
No more oil in the Upper, and or Intercooler either

http://lightning-enterprise.com/

Used it on my orig motor and never had a oil problem again
DIDN'T originally use it on the Built Motor and HAD A PROBLEM.
Put it back on, along with the Breather, and now NOT A DROP OF OIL
in the Boot, Throttle Body, Upper, or Intercooler
(and yes all have been checked on numerous ocassions)

Old 07-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by quiksilver
That's the Lightning Enterprises kit, it worked for me. Before install I had the usual oilly TB, after 16,000 miles with the kit my TB is still clean.
thanks quicksilver, I think I will try it before I go to a breather or seporator

Old 07-09-2005, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by Rob_02Lightning
Remember we have "2" oil sucking problems
The Lightning Enterprise Kit works GREAT, I use it, and it'll completely stopped
one of the problems, (oil in the Inlet Boot and Throttle Body).

Use a Breather along with that kit, and BOTH problems go away,
No more oil in the Upper, and or Intercooler either

http://lightning-enterprise.com/

Used it on my orig motor and never had a oil problem again
DIDN'T originally use it on the Built Motor and HAD A PROBLEM.
Put it back on, along with the Breather, and now NOT A DROP OF OIL
in the Boot, Throttle Body, Upper, or Intercooler
(and yes all have been checked on numerous ocassions)

Could you explain where you put the breather please, is there a kit? thanks for the info you guys, this forom is great

Old 07-09-2005, 01:08 PM
Im still tryin to figure this one out too. Does this mean that we need two kits, one for driver side and one for passenger, or just one kit.

Old 07-09-2005, 02:02 PM
Ok one last post before I leave for my Brothers Wedding, WOO HOO........

The L Enterprise kit gives you a working PCV for the Pass Side (fac PCV DOES NOT WORK, take it off and you'll see you can blow through it "both ways")

The kit also gives you a second "Check Valve" we'll call it for the Drivers Side.
We have no valve there now, just an outlet and Hose going up to the Inlet Boot.

When our system goes into reverse flow, "AND IT DOES", the factory set up allows that pressure (oil) to be blown out through the motor and up into that Hose and up into the inlet boot and Throttle Body, hence oil in the Boot and TB.

By installing that second Check Valve there on the Drivers Side, this can no longer happen. Now you have taken care of one problem.

HOWEVER we have another problem.
Another line is tee'd off our PCV Line (that goes down to the lower section of the Manifold) That and it seems no matter what PCV Valve we use, we still get some oil pushing up that line. That line is the one everyone puts the Oil Seperator on (I have tried that, and it works, but it looks like ****, and is a real PITA to empty)

So instead you now put a Breather on the Pass Side, right where the Oil Fill is.

This now allows that Pressure (oil) to push out the Breather, INSTEAD OF pushing up the PCV line and into the back of the Upper Manifold, (that is where the line connects to) hence sucking oil into the upper and lower part of the Manifold (and intercooler)

I went one step further and installed a Check Valve on the Breather.
No unmetered air comes in (thats another argument I wont get into now)

Lets just say when it goes into reverse flow, AND IT DOES, you will pull in Air though a Breather that does not have a Check Valve. Some seem to feel it's not an issue, many others will argue it is, some if not all tuners will tune diff for a L with an open Breather. I dont have that issues anymore because mine can only discharge pressure, not take it in.

Pass Side

Drivers Side

Below Pic is the Line (there in the lower Right Side of Pic), where the PCV Line hooks into, Also what you would hook the Seperator too
Hence the 2nd oil sucking problem

EDIT
Now I'm going to eat mass qty's of food, drink free Vodka, dance with little girls, and hope to end up in my Hotel Room tonight with one of them...... ; o )
See ya...............

Last edited by Rob_02Lightning; 07-09-2005 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the explanation Rob, I follow along with it now. Looks like this is gonna be a kit i invest in pretty quick.
Mickey

Old 07-09-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Rob_02Lightning
Ok one last post before I leave for my Brothers Wedding, WOO HOO........

The L Enterprise kit gives you a working PCV for the Pass Side (fac PCV DOES NOT WORK, take it off and you'll see you can blow through it "both ways")

The kit also gives you a second "Check Valve" we'll call it for the Drivers Side.
We have no valve there now, just an outlet and Hose going up to the Inlet Boot.

When our system goes into reverse flow, "AND IT DOES", the factory set up allows that pressure (oil) to be blown out through the motor and up into that Hose and up into the inlet boot and Throttle Body, hence oil in the Boot and TB.

By installing that second Check Valve there on the Drivers Side, this can no longer happen. Now you have taken care of one problem.

HOWEVER we have another problem.
Another line is tee'd off our PCV Line (that goes down to the lower section of the Manifold) That and it seems no matter what PCV Valve we use, we still get some oil pushing up that line. That line is the one everyone puts the Oil Seperator on (I have tried that, and it works, but it looks like ****, and is a real PITA to empty)

So instead you now put a Breather on the Pass Side, right where the Oil Fill is.

This now allows that Pressure (oil) to push out the Breather, INSTEAD OF pushing up the PCV line and into the back of the Upper Manifold, (that is where the line connects to) hence sucking oil into the upper and lower part of the Manifold (and intercooler)

I went one step further and installed a Check Valve on the Breather.
No unmetered air comes in (thats another argument I wont get into now)

Lets just say when it goes into reverse flow, AND IT DOES, you will pull in Air though a Breather that does not have a Check Valve. Some seem to feel it's not an issue, many others will argue it is, some if not all tuners will tune diff for a L with an open Breather. I dont have that issues anymore because mine can only discharge pressure, not take it in.

Pass Side

Drivers Side

Below Pic is the Line (there in the lower Right Side of Pic), where the PCV Line hooks into, Also what you would hook the Seperator too
Hence the 2nd oil sucking problem

EDIT
Now I'm going to eat mass qty's of food, drink free Vodka, dance with little girls, and hope to end up in my Hotel Room tonight with one of them...... ; o )
See ya...............
thanks Rob, I think I will start with the pcv kit, as a matter of fact I ordered it after your last thread, I hope you have a blast and get a little.
Gary

Old 07-09-2005, 03:04 PM
That makes two of us that just ordered it after this thread. I was debating on making my own seperator at work but if this keeps me from adding it , its fine with me. You can hardly see this kit and the seperators stand out pretty quick.

Old 07-09-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Mickey_shouse
That makes two of us that just ordered it after this thread. I was debating on making my own seperator at work but if this keeps me from adding it , its fine with me. You can hardly see this kit and the seperators stand out pretty quick.
Thats what I was thinking, the engine compartment is already prety busy, we will see. should get it next week. see ya micky

Quick Reply: pcv kit