Lightning

For future JLP Buyers.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005 | 02:09 AM
|
Thumbs down For future JLP Buyers.

As most read the Outrageous, thread. Im sick of JL. I have been nothing but nice. Here are the emails... you be the judge if you want to do business with him.

To: clintodell@gmail.com
Date: Jul 12, 2005 11:06 PM
Subject: Re: Clint ODell
message | Report phishing | Show original
hey clint i wish you the best..you went about this the wrong way friend.taking a shot at me on f150...make sure you post exactly what was wrong with my tune and everybody elses as far as that goes, you some how failed to mention how you had evrybody else trying to fix it too with out any success...i'll be watching for your response..please let everybody know what the tuning issue was...JL

Reply-To: Clint ODell <clintodell@gmail.com>
To: "JlightningRacing@cs.com" <JlightningRacing@cs.com>
Date: Jul 13, 2005 9:31 PM
They are not my SPECS to give out! Sorry, But if you want I can send any lightning owner in the direction of the Tuner that knows.

Cheap shot no! honest opinion yes... Thats what forums are for. . I gave you enough time 7 months to try and help me, and if you tried your best, im sorry I feel there was some left on the table You are a very smart guy. But It seemed like only money was going to fix the problem, I tried up till I was broke. Sent you a response with I have to save up more money then we will talk. You showed No interest AT ALL after you found out funds were dry. Sorry it has to be this way. I just feel **** on.

I will take my money elsewhere.

Clint Odell

Date: Jul 13, 2005 9:59 PM

you got it all wrong! You need to grow up and mature a little more! You think your going to scare me with your cowardly post on the forums? LOL! Yea ALL was fine when old JL was taken care of you but once we hit some issues old JL is a scumbag!Like you said you'll see me face to face at truck fest.. Post the fix up on the boards for all to see..You know why you won't? I do..and i will soon explain it on the forums...JL

Date: Jul 14, 2005 3:03 AM
Post the fix up on the boards for all to see..You know why you won't? I do..and i will soon explain it on the forums...JL

Contact Dave at injectedracing.com Im sure he would be delighted to talk to you. AS IT IS NOT MY INFORMATION TO GIVE(just like if you would have gave me your head and cam specs) Or for that matter head torque specs. I think robert said it best with his comment of it was a feak deal just strange how you want it to help everyone else. ?? who else is there?
Another thing Im not trying to scare you, or do I want to fight with you. I stated my opinion which you didn't like. I even wanted to buy some stuff off you. LOL

I wish you the best!
Clint ODell

Date: Jul 16, 2005 6:16 PM
you go ahead and take your buisness else where! believe me i know EXACTLY how to fix that stupid stumble you have! I had you figured out from day 1..Your just a pimply face punk! period...like i said and everyoneelse on the forum said GROW UP!..Its a funny thing how ****Y some people get when there behind the key board, but when you see them face to face its a different story! LOL! i'll see ya around..You shouldn't burn bridges,The older and wiser you get, you'll understand how true that statement is....JL

Amazing....

Old 07-17-2005 | 02:54 AM
Originally Posted by Odellintulsa

you go ahead and take your buisness else where! believe me i know EXACTLY how to fix that stupid stumble you have! I had you figured out from day 1..Your just a pimply face punk! period...like i said and everyoneelse on the forum said GROW UP!..Its a funny thing how ****Y some people get when there behind the key board, but when you see them face to face its a different story! LOL! i'll see ya around..You shouldn't burn bridges,The older and wiser you get, you'll understand how true that statement is....JL

Amazing....
ummmm wow?

pray to God with that mouth JL?

Old 07-17-2005 | 04:25 AM
Big suprise... another story to chalk up to the JLP horror stories ive read and been pm'ed LOL...

Talk to Sal at PSP, Im sure he will take care of you right

Old 07-17-2005 | 05:25 AM
Originally Posted by Odellintulsa
As most read the Outrageous, thread. Im sick of JL. I have been nothing but nice. Here are the emails... you be the judge if you want to do business with him.

Date: Jul 12, 2005 11:06 PM
message | Report phishing | Show original
hey clint i wish you the best..you went about this the wrong way friend.taking a shot at me on f150...make sure you post exactly what was wrong with my tune and everybody elses as far as that goes, you some how failed to mention how you had evrybody else trying to fix it too with out any success...i'll be watching for your response..please let everybody know what the tuning issue was...JL

Date: Jul 13, 2005 9:31 PM
They are not my SPECS to give out! Sorry, But if you want I can send any lightning owner in the direction of the Tuner that knows.

Cheap shot no! honest opinion yes... Thats what forums are for. . I gave you enough time 7 months to try and help me, and if you tried your best, im sorry I feel there was some left on the table You are a very smart guy. But It seemed like only money was going to fix the problem, I tried up till I was broke. Sent you a response with I have to save up more money then we will talk. You showed No interest AT ALL after you found out funds were dry. Sorry it has to be this way. I just feel **** on.

I will take my money elsewhere.

Clint Odell

Date: Jul 13, 2005 9:59 PM

you got it all wrong! You need to grow up and mature a little more! You think your going to scare me with your cowardly post on the forums? LOL! Yea ALL was fine when old JL was taken care of you but once we hit some issues old JL is a scumbag!Like you said you'll see me face to face at truck fest.. Post the fix up on the boards for all to see..You know why you won't? I do..and i will soon explain it on the forums...JL

Date: Jul 14, 2005 3:03 AM
Post the fix up on the boards for all to see..You know why you won't? I do..and i will soon explain it on the forums...JL

Contact Dave at injectedracing.com Im sure he would be delighted to talk to you. AS IT IS NOT MY INFORMATION TO GIVE(just like if you would have gave me your head and cam specs) Or for that matter head torque specs. I think robert said it best with his comment of it was a feak deal just strange how you want it to help everyone else. ?? who else is there?
Another thing Im not trying to scare you, or do I want to fight with you. I stated my opinion which you didn't like. I even wanted to buy some stuff off you. LOL

I wish you the best!
Clint ODell

Amazing....
I'm sure JL will comment on this...Hard to believe he would act like this especially when you paid him money...

Old 07-17-2005 | 07:03 AM
|
why would I lie 7 K and he says this.... just want to get it out because I KNOW 7k IN MY world is a lot of money.

Old 07-17-2005 | 07:57 AM
I think his response would be like any other sensible person. How can you expect customer service when you had several other folks put their hands on your truck! Especially the tuning. If I sold you the engine and you had issues, It is my obligation to look at it and make it right BUT again, if you had a hand full of other folks with their hand in the pie, no telling what damage has been done.at this point, I would not honor jack. You should have gone to him right off the bat. You should have found a way to get your truck there. That old saying is true. You play, expect to pay. I say also, grow up and get a handle on this like a man and quit belly aching on these forums.

Last edited by lightning66; 07-17-2005 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-17-2005 | 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by lightning66
I think his response would be like any other sensible person. How can you expect customer service when you had several other folks put their hands on your truck! Especially the tuning. If I sold you the engine and you had issues, It is my obligation to look at it and make it right BUT again, if you had a hand full of other folks with their hand in the pie, no telling what damage has been done.at this point, I would not honor jack. You should have gone to him right off the bat. You should have found a way to get your truck there. That old saying is true. You play, expect to pay. I say also, grow up and get a handle on this like a man and quit belly aching on these forums.
How true!

Old 07-17-2005 | 08:17 AM
watch this one get locked

Old 07-17-2005 | 08:58 AM

There was nothing out of line what i said to this guy..Of course he only wants to show 1/2 of whats been going on. to try and make it look like i'm the bad guy here..Trust me guys ive been in this buisness for a while now.and this guy here is nothing but someone who wants every thing to go his way or else he's going to get on the boards and attempt to degrade your name and company with nothing but 1/2 trues and lies!..Clint go ahead and use this forum to try to spread diception and lies.it will only come back to hurt you not me..you'll see. My customer base is established and growing leaps and bounds every day.And they know exactly how i treat them and appreciate their buisness..and i do my best to take care of them.Just like i tried for you. I sold you an engine! 1st you told me we didn't build the engine ight,then you said we put the cams in wrong,on and on you went. i said if your not happy return the engine for a FULL refund,I knew the Engine was in time and was built right but you wouldn't believe me,You admitted to having it on the dyno like 20 times right off the bat! You admitted racing everybody and blowing them away,You had a tuning problem you said" when i couldn't get your tuning problem resolved i said there must be something else wrong,i really should see the truck in person.you agreed to meet me @ truck fest and i agreed to take a look at it for you.Then all of a sudden you wanted my cam specs and head specs ect..When i didn't give them to you, You went to the boards and started this.you told me you had like 5 other people tuning your truck with the same problem! Right? That's why i felt there was something else wrong! Now that you found out the problem and of Course it was in my tune (so you say) All you want to do is try to bash me and my company.You think your all ok now so now you can cut all ties with JLP bash them and life is going to be nothing but a bed of roses from here on out...We'll like i said you shouln't burn bridges my friend! and Yes you need to Grow up! I'll just chalk all this up to your imaturity.. 1 day you'll understand things much better than you do now,atleast i hope so.....JL

Last edited by JohnnyLightning; 07-17-2005 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-17-2005 | 09:06 AM

Old 07-17-2005 | 09:27 AM
Lot of drama here, but what's the point? So what if there was one truck that JL couldn't get dialed in 1000 miles away. Sounds like that is why he wanted it shipped to him. I don't get all the BS over this.?

Old 07-17-2005 | 09:44 AM
honestly

what is the big deal if someone else had their hands on it and tuned it. If everything was check and fine.......and the problem is in the tune.........just take the file of the original tune and re do it???

I'm sure JLP knows how to tune just fine , especially for his engines that he speced out. I'm sure you get a problem here and there.

I'm not a fan of mail order tunes, especially on a built engine. Trucks run and react SOOOO different from one to the next.

If you are gonna do a build up and don't have a dyno and GOOD tuner in your area who really understands these trucks and modular engines........be prepared for problems.

Old 07-17-2005 | 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by tallimeca
If you are gonna do a build up and don't have a dyno and GOOD tuner in your area who really understands these trucks and modular engines........be prepared for problems.
I agree 100%. There is no one in the St Louis area (sorry stieg) that I would trust tuning my new built setup. That is why my truck is at Sal's right now getting everything installed and tuned.

-Mark

Old 07-17-2005 | 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by JohnnyLightning

There was nothing out of line what i said to this guy.......JL
Originally Posted by JohnnyLightning
you go ahead and take your buisness else where! believe me i know EXACTLY how to fix that stupid stumble you have! I had you figured out from day 1..Your just a pimply face punk! period....
There's nothing wrong with that?? You're a joke. If you knew EXACTLY how to fix his stumble why did you need the motor back and 7 months to TRY to fix it? You my friend have a god complex.

As a person who deals with over 250 tenants on an everyday basis there is NO WAY that I would ever talk to a customer like that. You are simply too big for your britches, you're making enough money to support yourself, and your business is growing, and you're starting to get out of touch. It's obvious that you are an arrogant person. But even if he left out half of the emails, there's no excuse for you AS A BUSINESS OWNER to talk to a customer or ANYONE like that. I think I just had a flashback to the Hennessey posts of the past on the viper forums.

Congratulations on losing yet another customer. Hopefully others will post up their emails from you as well without getting banned (I've seen a few others). Yet another threat of violence, or implication of violence from a VENDOR. "you and I will meet face to face at truck fest" Just like when you told me you were gonna kick my ***. Wouldn't anyone else be banned for that?

Old 07-17-2005 | 10:40 AM
Wow calling somebody a pimply face punk kid is great from buisness. but **** your the immortal sheep****er so why would we expect antyhing less. I cant imagine why anyone wold wanna buy anything from such a great buisnessman such as yourself

Quick Reply: For future JLP Buyers.