Lightning

Truck Downsize

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005 | 01:02 PM
|
Truck Downsize

This is for the guys who went from owning a bigger truck (4 door with 4 wheel drive) or an SUV to the L. Any regrets. I have an 02 Ram Quad Cab right now, no hemi. I love the truck, but i love muscle car/trucks. And cant really be racing anyone in a ram. I go to school in West Virginia, which gets some snow/rain from time to time but its loaded with hills. So any input would be great.

Thanks guys.

-Sean

P.S. I was on Rt. 37 last night in Toms River( NJ ), and a 04 Competition Orange Cobra was next to me at a light, he said he was pushin about 500 ponies, that thing sounded absolutely sick, blower was loud as hell(still sounded like a stock blower tho, not a KB or Whipple) and the exhaust was perfect. Figured id post on here, maybe someone knows him or owns it on here.

Old 07-17-2005 | 03:18 PM
I traded a 01 4x4 Z-71 for my Lightning, And i live in WV also. Granted a Lightning is not made for winter driving. I have heard of guys putting regular F-150 rims with snow tires on there Lightnings, and saying that they go pretty good. Of course it's not going to go like a 4x4, but it might surprise you. As far as room you will not have as much as you do now, but you can put a locking bed cover on and open up a lot of storage space. Are you going to WVU? There's a lot of streets that have hills around the campus up there,but you can either walk or catch the shuttle in real bad weather if you live close enough. In my opinion the good things far out weigh the bad things on owning a Lightning, once you have a Lightning you will wonder how you ever did with out one!

Old 07-17-2005 | 03:23 PM
As hi 'o' silver said I put a locking hard cover on my lightning. Miss the room of the 98 truck BUT this is so much more fun................

Russell
2004 lightning

Old 07-17-2005 | 04:16 PM
Went from a new style 04 Screw FX4 to the L,

Sometimes I miss the "bigness" of the screw, but everytme I step on the gas in the L I'm happy with my decision.

Old 07-17-2005 | 04:25 PM
MicLightning

The Orange Cobra I believe belongs to Mike in CJMF.

You should come to one of are meets. Check out TeamCJMF.org then look in the events section for the next Fudds meet.

Later Joe

Old 07-17-2005 | 07:29 PM
|
Originally Posted by HI 'O' SILVER
I traded a 01 4x4 Z-71 for my Lightning, And i live in WV also. Granted a Lightning is not made for winter driving. I have heard of guys putting regular F-150 rims with snow tires on there Lightnings, and saying that they go pretty good. Of course it's not going to go like a 4x4, but it might surprise you. As far as room you will not have as much as you do now, but you can put a locking bed cover on and open up a lot of storage space. Are you going to WVU? There's a lot of streets that have hills around the campus up there,but you can either walk or catch the shuttle in real bad weather if you live close enough. In my opinion the good things far out weigh the bad things on owning a Lightning, once you have a Lightning you will wonder how you ever did with out one!
yes I will be a junior at WVU so i know the campus streets, parking my truck there and driving down those streets is pretty tough sometimes, truck is almost too big for around there. But i love how everyone gets out of my way

Old 07-17-2005 | 07:31 PM
|
Originally Posted by TriPodRacing
MicLightning

The Orange Cobra I believe belongs to Mike in CJMF.

You should come to one of are meets. Check out TeamCJMF.org then look in the events section for the next Fudds meet.

Later Joe
alright, thanks. He was a cool guy, only got to BS for a min or 2. Maybe ill make one before i head back to school.

Old 07-17-2005 | 11:39 PM
A junior, so are you one of those couch burning hoodlums up there? There are a few narrow and steep streets up there, that's for sure. But theres nothing like a home Football game up there, especially the good games and Homecoming.

Old 07-18-2005 | 04:02 AM
|
Originally Posted by HI 'O' SILVER
A junior, so are you one of those couch burning hoodlums up there? There are a few narrow and steep streets up there, that's for sure. But theres nothing like a home Football game up there, especially the good games and Homecoming.
on the record : "ive never burned anything there in my life"
off the record: "lets just say a few of our living rooms were empty after a few wins"

Def nothing like a home game, 75,000 drunks, Oct. 1st we play VT at home, gonna be another big one, i got maced 6 times my fresh year when we beat them at home 28-7 when they were ranked 3rd and we were not even ranked

There is a Red L, looks to be an 03 or 04. the guy must live downtown, i always see it going to class, wondered if he was on here

Quick Reply: Truck Downsize