Lightning

I need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005 | 01:52 PM
|
I need help!!

I have a 2001 L and i just finshed installing a flex-a-lite#270 elect fan everything except the a/c works fine, i have the terminal 8 on the vsc wired to the purple wire on the high press switch which is hot at all times the other wire that comes off the switch is red with a yellow stripe and it cycles when the compressor turns off it is no longer hot. when your driving at less than 30 mph the a/c blows warm to hot air, or if sitting at a signal lite, if your going 50 or above is blows very cold air. Do i have something hooked up in the wrong place maybe at the a/c swith??. I have run out of ideas and need some help. I have an IM on both AOL or on Yahoo they are under Blwnsvt01 if someone has the knowledge and the time to help me i would be extremley gratefull. Thanks in advance Bart Craft

Old 07-24-2005 | 05:00 PM
Sounds like you're not getting air flow over the condenser at low speeds. Your fan should be set up to automatically go on high when the A/C is turned on. Have you confirmed that the fan is on high regardless when the A/C is on?

Old 07-24-2005 | 05:10 PM
|
I have ck with the truck in the garage and the a/c on both fans are running and the ac is still warm i am really lost with this problem.
Bart

Old 07-24-2005 | 05:15 PM
Disconnect the wire you tapped into the AC system.

Ground the "Always On via Ground" input on the VSC.

Turn the key on - do the fans run ?

If yes, start the truck and turn the AC on. It should work properly.

If it does, your wire tap into the AC system has a problem.

As to why it doesn't cool when parked (with the fans running) but it does cool while driving, that is a good one.

Keep us posted...

Old 07-24-2005 | 05:25 PM
|
B-man I do not understand the ground which you refer always on via ground input on the vsc which # would that be???? thanks for helping i am still very lost.
Bart

Old 07-24-2005 | 05:51 PM
Disconnect your wire that is tapped into the AC system. (Just pull it off the VSC)

Run a wire from #7 on the VSC to ground. Turn the key on and the fan should run.

Start the truck and turn the air on. It should work normally.

If this is the case, step 2 would be:

Disconnect the wire we added above from VSC # 7.

Take your meter and connect it to the wire you tapped into the AC system and a good ground. Connect the negative lead from your meter to ground; the positive to your AC system tap.

Start the truck and turn the AC on. If the meter reads a positive voltage, connect the tap wire into VSC # 8. If it reads negative, connect it to VSC # 7.

Old 07-25-2005 | 08:11 AM
|
Working fine now thanks for all the help!

Thanks for all the help went and did all the cks and verify everything was hooked up correctly,found the problem to be the fans were running backwards reveresed the wires on the vsc and my problem went away. Just didnt pay attention to the simple things.
Thanks again for all the help. Bart Craft