Lightning

Locking Lug Nuts for Tires on Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-1999 | 12:02 AM
|
Post Locking Lug Nuts for Tires on Lighting

I'm expecting my new red lighting in any day
now. I heard from my friend, new owner of a black lighting without locking lug nuts. He said the svt brochure says your suppose to have locking lug nuts. If you look at the Ford SVT website they say your suppose to get them. Does everybody else have the stainless steel locking lug nuts.
At 300.00 a tire and 600 a rim I'd expect them to provide the locking lug nuts.

Old 07-12-1999 | 08:44 AM
PFA
Unhappy

No locking lugnuts here. 1-800-FORDSVT said that the ones they were going to use stuck out too far. They were from the Expedition. They told me that if I look for them in a store to get them for an Expedition and not an F-150. The difference is in the way they seat against the rim.

------------------
PFA
'99 WHITE LIGHTNING

Old 07-12-1999 | 01:45 PM
Look at thread under Aftermarket/Tires & Wheels/Lightning Rims for more information.

------------------
'99 Black Lightning

Old 07-12-1999 | 03:06 PM
PFA
DHFERGUSON
Thanks for the tip to the other section!
Just called McGard about the lugnuts, he said I was the third person to call about them but they were not going to make them. They would have to make a run of 10,000 pieces (sets?) to make it profitable for them to do it.

------------------
PFA
'99 WHITE LIGHTNING

Old 07-12-1999 | 05:22 PM
Question

Hello Everyone,
Did the SVT guys or any of the dealerships say anything about reimbursement for no locking lugs? Sounds a lot like false advertisement to me, just wondering if they are going to do anything about it. Free Exp/Nav locking lugs would be nice. Talk at ya later
jim

------------------
99.5 Red Lightning
soft tonneau cover
6 disk cd changer
black Rhino liner

Old 07-12-1999 | 08:51 PM
Cool

HI!... ADSEMAN here in CANADA the LIGHTNING'S tires go for about $450..00 to $500.00(can) each. There is a FORD SVT dealer in DETROIT that sells the LIGHTNING SVT rims for $199.99(U.S). I was thinking of picking up a set for my truck after I get all my "go fast" goodies.

------------------
NEAL [ the horsepower freak ] NEWMAN
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 3.55L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, **** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, AUTOMETER guage pod and tranny temp guage, custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, soon to be installed 4.10 gears, and just ordered my SUPERCHIP.

Old 07-12-1999 | 08:55 PM
Red face

HI!... P.S I bought a set of FORD locking lug nuts for my truck. I don't know if they are the same ones used on the LIGHTNING, or if they will even fit. Mine are not stainless steel or even chrome, just black. I still had to pay $70.00(CAN) for the dam things.

------------------
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 3.55L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, **** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, AUTOMETER guage pod and tranny temp guage, custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, soon to be installed 4.10 gears, and just ordered my SUPERCHIP.

Old 07-13-1999 | 12:43 AM
|
Neal you have quite a good ride. If you don't mind me asking how much money do have in it so far?

I can't believe were paying 30000 for a truck without locking lug nuts. I will be calling the SVT hotline and hopefully with a group effort we can get some kinda of reaction. Even if we don't get free lug nuts
maybe we can make them feel like idiots for
advertising them in the first place.

Later,
Terry

Old 07-13-1999 | 06:50 PM
Cool

HI!... TERRY I bought my truck for about $40,000(can) thats including all taxes and some special protective insurances. As for aftermarket stuff I figure I have about $3,000(can) invested so far.

------------------

Quick Reply: Locking Lug Nuts for Tires on Lighting