Lightning

Alky/water injection guys

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005 | 09:07 PM
|
Alky/water injection guys

Are you using any kindof check valve, or are you running into any syphoning problems with your kit? I've got the SNOW Maf kit, and it seems like it's syphoning some; just hard to say.

Also, anyone with the SNOW Maf kit; what do you have the turn on spray voltage setup at/how much HP are you making for comparison.

Old 07-26-2005 | 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Casey02L
Are you using any kindof check valve, or are you running into any syphoning problems with your kit? I've got the SNOW Maf kit, and it seems like it's syphoning some; just hard to say.

Also, anyone with the SNOW Maf kit; what do you have the turn on spray voltage setup at/how much HP are you making for comparison.
I also have the Snow kit. I've been thinking of installing one also, but have not had any problems without it.

Mine turns on at 10 psi (initial turn on) and full on at about 4.6 volts. I'm using the 625 jet and am at the 621 rwhp and 708 rwtq level.

Jody

Old 07-26-2005 | 11:07 PM
|
Where/how do you have the nozle mounted? I had mine before the TB at first and it worked ok. It's hard to explain, but where I had it mounted on the bottom of the boot there was a little bit of a low spot/cup. It always seemed to have a "puddle" at it.

Tonight I tried mounting it after the TB in the JLP plenum and it was sucking the fluid out in a hurry! The intake was actually sweating, and the truck was running a very rich idle A/F, and I tried driving it and it went so hard rich early that it choked down. All this and the system didn't have any power hooked up to it!

Old 07-26-2005 | 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by Casey02L
Where/how do you have the nozle mounted? I had mine before the TB at first and it worked ok. It's hard to explain, but where I had it mounted on the bottom of the boot there was a little bit of a low spot/cup. It always seemed to have a "puddle" at it.

Tonight I tried mounting it after the TB in the JLP plenum and it was sucking the fluid out in a hurry! The intake was actually sweating, and the truck was running a very rich idle A/F, and I tried driving it and it went so hard rich early that it choked down. All this and the system didn't have any power hooked up to it!
You have a lot of vacuum in the upper intake; you'd have to use an anti-siphon valve in that case. I have mine in the C&L elbow, about 4" before the throttle body. No real vacuum there as compared to the upper intake. SMC wants them in front of the throttle body, so I left it there for the Snow kit also.

Jody

Old 07-27-2005 | 12:54 AM
Jody, how much power did you pick up using your first kit? Is there more power gains to be had using the Snow set up?

Peace,

Suavy

Old 07-27-2005 | 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by Suavy
Jody, how much power did you pick up using your first kit? Is there more power gains to be had using the Snow set up?

Peace,

Suavy
It is worth 35-40 rwhp easy on pump gas. Reason being is you can run more boost and timing than you'd ever be able to run without it. I'm running 20 psi of boost and 16 degrees of timing on 91 octane. If you're not familiar with our 91, that's basically a miracle. For example, the standard 12-14 psi bolt on truck can't run over 12-13 degrees with our pump gas.

Both the SMC and Snow kit work equally, although the Snow kit is less money.

Jody

Old 07-27-2005 | 01:32 AM
Jody, let me know if you want to sell your SMC kit when you install your snow kit?

I feel like your little brother Jody gets it first then I get it!

On a real note thank's for all you do for me!

God Bless,

Suavy

Old 07-27-2005 | 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Suavy
Jody, let me know if you want to sell your SMC kit when you install your snow kit?

I feel like your little brother Jody gets it first then I get it!

On a real note thank's for all you do for me!

God Bless,

Suavy

Suavy, if I still had it it'd be yours. Unfortunately I sold that kit months ago when I made the change. I do highly recommend them on street trucks. Even when my truck was the typical pulley/chip/cai it picked up over 30 rwhp with alky due to the added timing.

Jody

Old 07-27-2005 | 11:53 AM
Jody how much of a difference would it make if I used the Snow kit with a 4 lb lower and ported eaton?
Thanks,
Simon

Old 07-27-2005 | 01:40 PM
I had the SMC kit as well... and in the process of installing the Snow kit.
Snow recommends installation of the nozzle before the throttle body as well.
The intake is not a good location as it is always sucking. At least the throttle body will close and vary the draw on the lines. Even with the location before the throttle body you can get some siphoning from the tank. So, I got a check valve with the snow kit nevertheless.

Old 07-27-2005 | 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by camcojb
Suavy, if I still had it it'd be yours. Unfortunately I sold that kit months ago when I made the change. I do highly recommend them on street trucks. Even when my truck was the typical pulley/chip/cai it picked up over 30 rwhp with alky due to the added timing.

Jody
Thank's!

I'm gonna get one as soon as I get JDM paid off!

Suavy

Old 07-28-2005 | 12:26 AM
The Check valve only pervents boost from going backwards thru the system. so this wont solve the siphoning problem. Read about the Check Valve Here.

http://www.snowperformance.net/prodd...p?prod=auto040

What you need to prevent Siphoning you need to add a Solenoid. you can find out info from snow on the Solenoid here.

http://www.snowperformance.net/prodd...p?prod=auto210

I hope this helps you out!

Jason

Old 07-28-2005 | 01:26 AM
Originally Posted by SVTJAY
The Check valve only pervents boost from going backwards thru the system. so this wont solve the siphoning problem. Read about the Check Valve Here.

http://www.snowperformance.net/prodd...p?prod=auto040

What you need to prevent Siphoning you need to add a Solenoid. you can find out info from snow on the Solenoid here.

http://www.snowperformance.net/prodd...p?prod=auto210

I hope this helps you out!

Jason

Yup, the SMC kit has this solenoid in line to help siphoning.

Old 07-28-2005 | 08:13 AM
With mild tuning, Stiegemeier saw 40 RWHP on Methanol. That's w/ the middle sized jet (forget the #).

I'm sure mine is syphoning as well, and I'm not using the check valve since I'm running the nozzle before the TB. It's actually mounted in the middle hole on the fiberglass tube that replaced my rubber boot. I don't use the PCV setup, so that was the perfect spot.

We're looking to up the tune a bit, and see what she can really do

Old 07-28-2005 | 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by MaxPower
We're looking to up the tune a bit, and see what she can really do
Slow @ Slow MPH with a Slow 60'...

Jeff

-Mark

Quick Reply: Alky/water injection guys