Lightning

Zaino Zaino Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2002 | 02:25 AM
Hey mswaim -

Are you referring to the aircraft polish ???

I looked up Racer's Edge on the net and found this:

Specifically formulated to provide drag reduction, use of this revolutionary formula results in increased air speed, protection, and the richest, deepest shine. Flight tested by the U.S. Air Force and engineering certified for all Boeing, Douglas and Airbus aircrafts. Blend of highly protective properties provide maximum protection for all elements of nature and engine exhaust. Apply by hand or machine.

Seems it might be too harsh for automobile paint.

Please inform.

Thanks

k

Old 10-23-2002 | 11:57 AM
The company used to be located in California, and specialized in vehicle finishes. I still have a full case of thier automotive polish and vinyl conditioner. Now I see they are sold and specialize in aircraft finishes. I'm calling them today to see if the formula is the same.

Old 10-23-2002 | 12:08 PM
Originally posted by 95 Saleen S351

I can say without a doubt that Zaino did not remove any swirl marks on my black car.
Zaino Z5 does not remove swirls, it just tries to hide them by filling them in. If you need to remove them you need to use a swirl remover or some polish and a buffer.

Old 10-23-2002 | 12:40 PM
chesterc , that pic looks good enough to be in a Ford add. Very nice my man, I can apreciate it since I used to have a black F-150 also. When you have black paint its a constant battle.

Old 10-23-2002 | 12:48 PM
Best car care products period

If you want the best in car care products here is the place.

Nothing comes close to the best of show wax Richard Griot formulates. Multiple Pebble Concours wins. All of his products are mede in his own factory and are of the highest quality. Get his catalog. it is full of great tips and wonderful products. Try the "starter kit" and you will be hooked.

http://ww.griotsgarage.com

Old 10-23-2002 | 01:06 PM
Zaino is not made to remove swirls.....It will hide them slightly but never remove them. Depending how bad they are you should try to remove them before Zaino. 3m SMR is a good place to start if that doesn't work move to 3m FI-II. Zaino is better known for it's slick surface and LONG lasting shine. Without a question it WILL outlast any carnuba hands down.

Most of the waxes mentioned here do shine well because of the heavy amount of oils in them. But they will not last, so it all depends weather or not you want to wax every 2-3 months or 6+ months.

Also Zaino is very easy to sue if used properly. You must use very light coats and wait for it to completely dry before you remove(zfx will speed the drying time) I only use 1 to 1 1/5 oz to do 2 coats on my f150sc....

Last edited by MAC[H]Z; 10-23-2002 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-23-2002 | 01:11 PM
That link doesnt work man

Old 10-23-2002 | 01:43 PM
Here's the link www.griotsgarage.com (you forgot a w ) You guys only wax every 2-3 or 6 monthes? C'mon, you own a Lightning! I clay bar, polish and wax once a month and my baby looks awesome with 40K on the clock.

Old 10-23-2002 | 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Norm
Zaino Z5 does not remove swirls, it just tries to hide them by filling them in. If you need to remove them you need to use a swirl remover or some polish and a buffer.
I meant "remove" in the broader sense of the word...as everyone else here was using it. I know what Z5 was supposed to do....my point is that it made no difference.

I believe it does say on the bottle of Z5 that it is a swirl remover...I could be wrong.

Old 10-23-2002 | 03:21 PM
Originally posted by rscoleman
Here's the link www.griotsgarage.com (you forgot a w ) You guys only wax every 2-3 or 6 monthes? C'mon, you own a Lightning! I clay bar, polish and wax once a month and my baby looks awesome with 40K on the clock.

Jesus...where in the world do you get that kind of time????

MAC[H]Z - As mentioned before, people aren't complaining that Zaino is hard to put on and take off I don't think...because it is easy. But it takes SO many freaking steps that it takes forever..and that is hard. I had to have the car in the garage for a full 3 weeks to find the time to do all 15 or so steps..its ridiculous...considering the results. Wash, clay, wash, Z5, spray and wipe, Z5 spray and wipe...etc...

Last edited by 95 Saleen S351; 10-23-2002 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-23-2002 | 04:32 PM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
complete Zaino every week??? ... sorry, that's nucking futs however I'm sure the finish looks great.

Twice a year, if I'm lucky, daily driven, and it looks fine. Silver hides alot of imperfections.

If and/or when the finish gets to be less than acceptable (doubtful), I'll just trade the phucking thing. The thought has crossed my mind A LOT lately anyway.

Bob

Old 10-24-2002 | 10:18 AM
Originally posted by 95 Saleen S351
Jesus...where in the world do you get that kind of time????

MAC[H]Z - As mentioned before, people aren't complaining that Zaino is hard to put on and take off I don't think...because it is easy. But it takes SO many freaking steps that it takes forever..and that is hard. I had to have the car in the garage for a full 3 weeks to find the time to do all 15 or so steps..its ridiculous...considering the results. Wash, clay, wash, Z5, spray and wipe, Z5 spray and wipe...etc...
But you do not need to do that every time. Once a year in the spring if you like. After that just a coat of z2 or z5 as often as you like and that's it. The z6 spray is optional. It is just a quick detailer like everyone else has.

Old 10-24-2002 | 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Norm
But you do not need to do that every time. Once a year in the spring if you like. After that just a coat of z2 or z5 as often as you like and that's it. The z6 spray is optional. It is just a quick detailer like everyone else has.

Norm is right the first application is only needed once or whenever you need to strip to remove new swirls. After that just a quick coat of Z2 or Z5 is all that is needed.

Also the clay, wash and so on is not just for Zaino, it should be done prior to any wax or polish.

Old 10-24-2002 | 02:56 PM
I have heard that Zaino is not very user friendly to take off?! Also i have a silver '00 and use Meguiar's Gold Class and I am getting results looking like everyone else's pics. How long has Zaino been around, just wanting to know if there are any bad long term affects to your paint because of using Zaino?

Old 10-24-2002 | 03:34 PM
Actually Zaino is pretty easy to take off...just a nightmare to put on as far as the number of steps and time it takes (even if it is just for the first application..or once a year...it really is too much considering it doesn't provide better results visually than normal wax).

Quick Reply: Zaino Zaino Zaino