Lightning

Zaino Zaino Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002 | 05:31 PM
I guess I am just missing where it takes too many steps to apply even after the first application.

You wipe a very thin coat on let dry then wipe off.... How different is that from any other wax????

Old 10-24-2002 | 05:37 PM
nightmare to put on?

i've been using zaino for a few months now. the innitial process only took me a day. i enjoy working on my truck, so it wasn't that bad at all. did dawn wash, claybar, z7 wash, 3 coats of z5 with zfx and z6 after each. sounds like alot, but its so easy! doesn't even cost that much wehn you look at how much you get with the stuff, and how little it takes to do the truck. i use an ounce to do my entire truck! lasts a long time, looks great, and is easy. i'm guessing the people who are busting on the zaino probably never tried it themselves, don't understand the directions and were overwhelmed by them ( i was at first, but now that i understand it, its a breeze), or just are really lazy and don't feel like spending a day for the innitial process, and then an hour every now and then to throw on another coat

Old 10-24-2002 | 05:52 PM
No harley...it is from people that actually bought it and found it is not what it claimed to be. I have about $80 of the stuff sitting in the other room. As I said...I put it on my lightning, saleen, and bike...and it is nothing special, cept for making the paint feel smooth. I attribute most of that to the clay.

I have done it...took me 3 weeks to find the time to do all the steps. I can't imagine how you did all you claimed to do in one day...maybe you are superman...but Zaino says not to put on more than 3 coats in a 24 hour period.

MAC[H]Z - After the first steps....its like any other wax I guess. It is the inital process that takes forever and is not worthy of the average results. You have to Wash it. Clay bar it (takes several hours to do). Then wash and dry it again. Then you apply the first coat of Z5. Then let it sit. Then wipe it off (each time with a clean towel mind you). Then between EACH coat...you are supposed to wipe it down with Z6 and then wipe it dry. Then you do the next coat and so on....until you have 6 coats of the polish and it has been Z6'd about 6 times. You can imagine how long it takes to do a large vehicle like the Lightning. It is a long arduous process that leaves the vehicle looking no better than it did with one coat of wax.

Will it last longer? Maybe. I'll believe it when I see it. I was told that this stuff would shine better, and that certainly isn't true, so I won't trust anyones claims that it will last longer. Do you use a very small amount of it. Yup. Is it a rip-off? Prolly not. Is it as good as people claim it is....definitely not.

God I swear some of you must be paid by Zaino or something.

I think polishing the car with EZ cheese seems to be the detailers secret method of choice...it gives amazing results.

Last edited by 95 Saleen S351; 10-24-2002 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-24-2002 | 10:23 PM
i guess you just move reallly slow or something, cuz it took me no where near as long as you say it took you, and my truck is even bigger than yours, and not sure if you have a hard tonneau to do either.

took me 1/2 hour to dawn wash and dry
about 1hr to clay the entire truck
took me another 1/2 hour to z7 wash and dry
took me about an hour to apply 1st coat (with zfx) and buff it off cuz i was still getting used to using it
about 10 minutes to use the z6. jsut spray it and wipe
then about 45 minutes for the 2nd coat of z5 and buff it off (with zfx)
10 minutes for z6
then another 45 minutes for the 3rd coat of z5 and buff it off (with zfx)
then 10 minutes for z6

Took me about 6-7 hours total cuz i took some breaks inbetween, but it was pretty easy to do. really easy on, and very easy off.

truck looked great, and about 2 weeks later, felt like doing a few more coats, so did 3 coats of z2 and took me about 3-4 hours to wash it and do the 3 coats. its not really that hard at all

and it will last longer cuz its a synthetic and not a wax
and i can see the difference between my truck, and another black truck that uses regular wax. the z is definately deeper and more reflective. and no i'm NOT being paid by zaino :rolleye:

Old 10-24-2002 | 10:34 PM
I'll aggree... Zaino does nothing for swirl marks, but it sure makes the truck look purdy. I recommend it to anyone.... as long as you have the patience to work through the first coat, after you pile it on too thick. ugh, that was alot of work. heh.

Old 10-24-2002 | 11:09 PM
Harley: You can wash and dry your entire truck in half an hour????

Do you skip huge sections or something? I can't even see how that could be possible.

I don't move slow...I do a proper and thorough job. Spraying some water at the truck and then drying it off is not my idea of cleaning it.

Claying the truck takes several hours...and the clay really starts to fall apart long before you are done. Maybe yours didn't take long if it is not a daily driver???

I've compared all 3 of my vehicles to vehicles of similar color who used normal wax. They look the same. Actually, the wax looks a little better on the lightning than the Zaino as the Zaino seems to give the red a weird tinge.

Old 10-24-2002 | 11:09 PM
DL
Zaino is the best stuff I have ever used. If any of you guys don't like the Zaino you have, I'll pay for the shipping for you to send it to me. I'll be glad to take the Zaino products off your hands for free...

Zaino has Z5 wax to cover/fill in swirl marks.

Zaino will get you one of these..

Old 10-25-2002 | 12:20 AM
95 Saleen S351

I swear by zaino, even use it on my custom finished electric guitars.
ZFX allows the Z-2 and Z-5 to dry in no time at all.
Bottom line...if you don't like the stuff, make me a list of what and how much you have and i will buy it from ya...I would be happy to take it off your hands at a discount price...doesn't hurt my feelings at all if you don't like it...this is America...you are free to have your own opinions...make me a deal on it, i can always use Z-2,Z-5,Z-6,Z-7,Z-10, Z-16 and ZFX

Old 10-25-2002 | 12:24 AM
The very last thing in the whole wide world this guy is going to do is spend 7 hours out of any day waxing my truck.............Life has a bit more to offer than sweating over a finish I can get from a cheaper product, applied in less than 2 hours and lasts just as long. To each his own, but I for one am not spending 7 hours sweating over anything that not female.

Old 10-25-2002 | 08:32 AM
Cherry Wet Wax
Did the Zaino's --- great product. However, 1 hour versus a hole day plus 24 hours between coats. No brainer if your time is money use Cherry Wet Wax.

Old 10-25-2002 | 09:26 AM
This cherry wet wax sounds appealing..but this time I wanna see results on a car in person before I buy.

Had I seen the average results of Zaino on a car ahead of time, I would not have gotten it.

Anyone in the detroit area use CWW?

Andy...as mentioned before..I followed ALL the Zaino recommended steps, including ZFX. Even with the ZFX it would take a good hour to dry.

Like I said before...the Zaino results aren't BAD per se, but they aren't any better than the results I've had with regular old Meguirs gold class wax. The one nice thing about the Zaino is that it does not leave white residue on plastic bits.

I'm just trying to help someone else from becoming a sucker like I was. I never believe those "miracle" wax's on TV (you know when they light the hood of a camaro on fire), not sure why I fell for this one.

Old 10-25-2002 | 09:37 AM
Ok, Let me throw this into the loop. Has anyone ever heard of a wax/cleaner that you just apply right onto a dirty vehicle?

Here is a link to one that claims cleaning before hand is a waste of time and only helps to dull the paint.

http://www.wetpaintglaze.com

Old 10-25-2002 | 11:03 AM
Banned
I ordered a gallon of cherry wet wax last week sometime, cant wait to see how it works.

Old 10-25-2002 | 11:33 AM
A Gallon?

Jesus...how many cars do you have?

I still stand by my current assertion that EZ cheese is the ultimate in protection and shine.

Old 10-25-2002 | 11:35 AM
Banned
Lol it was only like 22 bucks, I didnt think it would hurt to get a whole gallon.

Quick Reply: Zaino Zaino Zaino