Lightning

latest 'must have' gauge - look

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005 | 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by Slick_Sammy
todd just emailed me and he said they're shooting for 4-6 weeks for availability.
Damn, so early fall...

I guess it's better then getting the answer:

2 more weeks...

Old 08-06-2005 | 04:32 AM
pretty kewl

Old 08-06-2005 | 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by Slick_Sammy
todd just emailed me and he said they're shooting for 4-6 weeks for availability.
Great I'll mount up the dual kit as soon as my whipple arrives!

Old 08-06-2005 | 12:03 PM
I wan't one!

Anyone know if there is a dual steering wheel gauge pod for the F150 yet? I've got the single for the boost gauge but I'd like to add this gauge.

Old 08-06-2005 | 07:55 PM
Here is what the green/black face gauge will look like.

I printed out the picture and took it to my truck. The color match is actually very good.

(The bluish background is from the camera).

Old 08-06-2005 | 09:45 PM
I like that, is it possible to have that available with a white face plate as well to better match the Autometer Phantom series of gauges?

I think if I purchased one of these I would keep my triple pillar pod and then add the steering wheel pod for this gauge.

Could have used it tonight because I got a SES light tonight. Went to Auto Zone and the code was a 0406, something to do with the fuel level sending unit. Erased it and it hasn’t come back but even if it does no big problem but would have been nice to have one of these gauges to see the code and then erase it.

Old 08-07-2005 | 01:09 AM
The more I look at that gauge the more I want one NOW!!!!

Old 08-07-2005 | 10:32 AM
The AeroForce gauge works great, I have on in my CTS-V and it comes in handy...
Bill

Old 08-07-2005 | 02:00 PM
awesome.

Old 08-07-2005 | 04:04 PM
Technical Article Contributor

This is looking very good! I emailed Aeroforce with a few questions this morning and 3 minutes later had a reply.

My Email

Hello,
I was reading on F150online(https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=206674) that your interceptor scan gauge will be available with a green display soon. While this is great news for Lightning owners such as myself, the ultimate would be if the gauge had the white face like the Autometer Phantom Gauges and your green display. Most lightning owners run the Autometer Phantom Gauges as they are almost a perfect match for our dash display. I noticed that you offer limited edition gauges that are unique to the GTO and Chevy SS. Would you consider offering a gauge unique to the Lightning by adding the white faces to the green display gauges?

I can tell you that if those gauges were available at this time I would take two right now and I believe that there are a lot of other Lightning owners that would purchase them as well. I truly hope you will consider customizing the gauge for the Lightning. Thank you for taking the time to read my email and I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,
Todd McWilliams

Reply from Todd Austinson

Todd,

The white face is a standard option, you can see them pictured on our web site. I think that we could do a special Lightning version with some sort of cool start-up screen with a Lightning logo, similar to the pictures I've attached.

Todd Austinson
Aeroforce Tech.

Here are the photos Todd sent me

Any ideas guys as to a logo or something Lightning related for the start up screen that Todd is referring to in his email?

I'm going to respond back to Todd's email to see what it will take to get the gauges into production.

Great thread Blue Bolt!

Old 08-07-2005 | 04:32 PM
If you wanted it Lightning specific you could use the Lightning bolt, or that and the word Lightning. It may be beneficial to simply use the SVT or Ford SVT logo in that it would be a unique gauge that could be used in other Ford SVT’s.

I offered to do some testing for him if needed. I have a 2005 Ranger XLT 4x4 (daily driver) and my daughters 2005 Focus. Not sure what kind of documentation comes with it but I also offered to do a write up on it, somewhat similar to the 36 page “Pillar Pod Gauge Install – Start to Finish” I did this past April.

I do a lot of that, or did in the past, in the line of work I do, process documentation, How To, process descriptions etc, that could lead anybody on how to do something and exactly what a process or piece of equipment is capable of.

Old 08-07-2005 | 05:09 PM
01 XLT- I *really* appreciate your pillar pod "how-to", and hope you do more in the future!

Thank you!

Old 08-07-2005 | 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by scv8
01 XLT- I *really* appreciate your pillar pod "how-to", and hope you do more in the future!

Thank you!
You’re very welcome, it was something I enjoyed doing and it gave me the opportunity to give something back to the F150 community. It’s now located over at NLOC website as they have a How-To section that they can host PDF files. It’s titled “Another pillar pod gauge install”. If anybody has a website who would like to use it just let me know and I can email them a copy to host.

Hopefully I will get the opportunity to do something with these OBDII gauges. I think the installation will be very simple but I may have an opportunity to write something up on how to use the functions and/or step by step. Like I stated before I have no idea what kind of documentation it comes with but would be very interesting to try out on all three vehicles here, the Lightning, Ranger and Focus and see what functions it will measure.

Old 08-08-2005 | 11:03 AM
|
The Lightning startup screen would be awesome! Lets keep emailing these guys and let them know that there are alot of serious & impatient customers wanting these gauges. Hopefully we can have them sooner- Ill take 2 also!

Quick Reply: latest 'must have' gauge - look