Lightning

East Coast style L fest... Maybe called Lightning Storm 06

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005 | 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by LightningTuner
Since Baltimore and Wash DC are right next to each other, I think your travel times are a bit off .
Actually when traveling up to New York, I'd say they are about a hours difference apart. Depending on the DC traffic.......... I travel up to NY quite a bit from NC. His stated 1 and a half. Pretty close.

Old 08-02-2005 | 10:06 PM
|
Suspended
at 2 am, I agree I am off... but I was also talking from right where you hit the the beltline to when you get to Baltimore... Anyways, those times were just estimates and they will vary based on traffic and speed comfort... Lets just get together and choose a nice place with fun attractions...

Old 08-02-2005 | 10:17 PM
An East coast event would be real attractive for me.
Jim

Old 08-02-2005 | 11:20 PM
Talking

Look guys ,if you want some help ,and i would like to have you join us next year for mustangweek. The leg work is done just come out and have some fun. If you guys want some special stuff or space .let me know
This year we had the SVT trailer out ,and they would like to come back next year.Mutang enthusiast mag was there this year,and will be back next year.

Old 08-03-2005 | 05:43 AM
ahhh same meet where that assclown thought it a good idea to plow into 2 cars sideways stoped at a light
could be fun i just wont bring my truck

Old 08-03-2005 | 06:10 AM
I'm in!

It would be a good time. April is about right. With all the Lightnings we have on the East Coast we should be able to get a good turnout.
I would love to make Lightning Fest but KC is a bit far. I drove to WFC8, and NMRA Bradenton this year already.
If there is anything I can do to help let me know.

Old 08-03-2005 | 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by LightningTuner
Since Baltimore and Wash DC are right next to each other, I think your travel times are a bit off .
...its actually a little over an hour away w/o traffic.

Anyone else here in the DC area? Is it me or is it 4-5 days a week there is a tractor trailer turning over and completely shutting down the enire HW?

Oh, my bad, last week one was a Greyhound bus......... G-D this place is lame...

Old 08-03-2005 | 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by SVT F15O
Making it quite easy on yourself I see............
I may be down. Depends on turnout.
Why not have it at Cecil County seeing as it is one of the best tracks out there>??? Just a thought. But I would be "interested" either way. -Mat-
Cecil......would have my vote also !! Dave

Old 08-03-2005 | 04:33 PM
|
Suspended
The prob with MD is that is really puts a strain on the FL guys and adds about 300 miles to their trip...

I think Richmond and Raleigh are the only two real viable spots for most the east coast, but this is a work in progress and I will make sure we look at cecil too...

BTW, I will need help getting this together and if it is outside of Raleigh, I will need someone to head the effort and I will help as much as possible...

Keep the ideas rolling...

Old 08-03-2005 | 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by 35thPony
The prob with MD is that is really puts a strain on the FL guys and adds about 300 miles to their trip...

I think Richmond and Raleigh are the only two real viable spots for most the east coast, but this is a work in progress and I will make sure we look at cecil too...

BTW, I will need help getting this together and if it is outside of Raleigh, I will need someone to head the effort and I will help as much as possible...

Keep the ideas rolling...
Richmond will work, I just was thinking that the FL trucks might want a shot at a really fast track. Either way I like the idea !! Dave

Old 08-03-2005 | 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by David London
Richmond will work, I just was thinking that the FL trucks might want a shot at a really fast track. Either way I like the idea !! Dave
Likewise. We have the same ideas. -Mat-

Old 08-03-2005 | 07:24 PM
I might be in....depending on money, and time off from work....

Old 08-03-2005 | 08:49 PM
I'm in....Drove to my dads last year and he lives in Asheville......that took me about 8.5 hrs.....I was moving right along tho....

Old 08-03-2005 | 09:53 PM
I'm in. Just don't forget Florida is way south when you decide on local.

Last edited by LightningToGo; 08-04-2005 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-03-2005 | 10:18 PM
Myrtle Beach would be a good place, along with Mustang week. That would be a great event to get all the Lightnings involved with, even the SVT truck comes out.That's about half way for everyone on the East coast, and like rodcobra said the works already done. So adding the Lightnings to it wouldn't be hard at all. And theres plenty to do there also, you can get into all kinds of trouble! Good trouble that is!

Quick Reply: East Coast style L fest... Maybe called Lightning Storm 06