Lightning

piston slap revisited

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-1999 | 12:20 AM
|
Post piston slap revisited

Hello Lightningpeople. I know its been talke about before but I am still not clear on the piston slap issue. I thought that true piston slap was onlu heard for the first 30 seconds or so of warm up. My lightning sounds like a diesel for atleast 5-10 minutes. Is this diesel sound the piston slap? An why would ford put special pistons into the lightning without fixing the proplem? I have about 5000 mi on mine and have had the front end noises fixed with an apparant factory bulletin on that issue. I now have a squeeky bed which is to be looked at monday. Has anyone else had a squeeky bed(in their truck, that is)?
Im esp concerend about the engine sounds and would appreciate comments.-
------------___________________

99.5 Faaast White . Awaiting superchip.

Old 08-26-1999 | 08:59 AM
Thumbs down

Im dealing with the piston slap myself, but it does go away within 30 seconds. It sounds exactly like a desiel for that time. My dealer says ford is sending out a service notice this week, im having the clunk problem also but they havent been able to fix that either. I also had the squeaky bed, but it went away on its own. It was coming from the passenger side of the bed. I think I should have bought another motorcycle instead....... ha

Quick Reply: piston slap revisited