Lightning

Rotopro Owners...quick question

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005 | 11:47 AM
|
Question Rotopro Owners...quick question

Rotopro users....quick question.
I have been using the rotopros slotted and dimpled rotors for a few months now with Hawk HPS pads. Anyway, I love the better stopping power but had a question/observation. Does anyone hear a kind of "whoosing almost spinning bearing sound" when you go past a divider or other structure where the sound can bounce off. I hear this all the time and sometimes it goes away when I apply the brakes sometimes it will also get quieter when I apply the breaks. I do not believe it's my bearings...I was carefull to grease them well with Mobil 1 syn grease. I think it's just the rotors and the pads lightly touching and making this noise due to the design of the rotors? I took the wheel off and turn the rotors and could hear the noise slightly sounded like it was coming from the pad/rotor contacts.

Anyone?

Thanks, Jim

Old 08-08-2005 | 12:12 PM
I have the same rotors and pads, makes kind of a soft "card in the spokes" sound... drove me nuts at first. Stops well, nice and straight with no vibration.

Old 08-08-2005 | 12:46 PM
Careful with RotorPros. They aren't punned as RotorHo's for nothing.

Old 08-08-2005 | 01:11 PM
RotorHos?

Are they going to sleep with my best friend? Will I catch them tricking on the corner?

What does that even mean?

Old 08-08-2005 | 06:26 PM
I was about to post the EXACT same thing, even down to the mobile 1 grease on the bearings. When I put my rotors on I noticed the same thing. I have just gotten used to it. I figured it was normal for slotted rotors.

Jon

Old 08-08-2005 | 09:43 PM
|
Thanks for the responses. From what I hear...it's normal. Does sound just like the cards in the spokes. I guess I'll live with it since it stops GRRRRREEEEEAAAATTTTT!

BTW...LightninSVT, thanks for answering all my emails with quick responses!

You guys have any problems with increased brake dust as I've heard people having large amounts with the HPS pads? Mine has hardly any dust @ all. Maybe it's because my stockers were so shot and dusting like mad.

Jim

Old 08-08-2005 | 10:49 PM
Mine do the same thing (same noise), but my question is: Has anyone's brake pedal become soft...almost to the floor?
If so...how did you fix it?

Old 08-09-2005 | 12:27 AM
I have no issues with mine. I've had them for a year and they stop better now than when they did new.

Will

Old 08-09-2005 | 09:27 AM
Currently have 30k miles on mine. No problems at all. The stock rotors were warping after 10k miles. Slotted rotors are noisy, but the benefits outweigh the minor issues.

Quick Reply: Rotopro Owners...quick question