Lightning

Tailgating a Lightning

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-1999 | 02:13 PM
|
Thumbs down Tailgating a Lightning

not recommended, route home yesterday closed for a fatality, most of rush hour had to travel way out of their way to get home, and were po'ed. everyone traveling at 80-100mph on elevated stretch of interstate,come to a cloverleaf interchange marked exit 25mph, guy in a z71 4x4, 2-3 feet from bumper tries to negotiate the curve and merge at 60mph tied to my rear bumper. i had no problem, he and the many people he almost killed did. he lost it in the curve, went thru the grass and crossed the interstate into a shrub embankment, had to mess up his truck (new 99)
saw him pull back onto interstate, and he did not try to catch up and tailgate me anymore. some people think the lightning is a pickup truck.

Old 09-10-1999 | 02:23 PM
MRBBQMAN,
Are you from the east Houston area, if so I live in Baytown just down the road.

------------------
1999 Black Lightning SVT all options, (Factory soft tonneau cover, 6 Disc CD, Class III towing hitch), Loyd one piece floormat (Fits well, looks good), Tail light covers (Killer painted black to match), Black spray in bed liner (looks very good), Windows tinted gray 15% on doors, Dark Limo on back glass, Ordered 1st truck 1/21/99 till salesman told me a $5000 premium would be added, On the same day ordered second truck 2/24/99 (BEFORE getting my check back), Took delivery 6/21/99 After MANY many MANY promised ETA dates, Build date of 5/20/99

Old 09-10-1999 | 03:33 PM
|
i'm in new orleans area, guess we had some similar traffic problems

Old 09-11-1999 | 07:49 AM
I just thought you was in my area because you referenced the town Cloverleaf, that's also a small community here in my area.

Tt

------------------
1999 Black Lightning SVT all options, (Factory soft tonneau cover, 6 Disc CD, Class III towing hitch), Loyd one piece floormat (Fits well, looks good), Tail light covers (Killer painted black to match), Black spray in bed liner (looks very good), Windows tinted gray 15% on doors, Dark Limo on back glass, Ordered 1st truck 1/21/99 till salesman told me a $5000 premium would be added, On the same day ordered second truck 2/24/99 (BEFORE getting my check back), Took delivery 6/21/99 After MANY many MANY promised ETA dates, Build date of 5/20/99

Old 09-11-1999 | 03:39 PM
Wink

Something similar:

I was followed by a dodge ram, and since I was on a stretch of road frequented by cops, we stuck to the speed limit. I kept my speed (55 mph)into the cloverleaf, and saw the ram in my mirror, losing it sideways. First the front started pushing, and when he got off the gas, the rear came around. He did not catch up either

------------------
99 Black Lightning
Rhino liner
Superchip

Quick Reply: Tailgating a Lightning