Lightning

Transmission help, again

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005 | 07:14 PM
|
Transmission help, again

I installed the ftvb the other day but accidently took out the wrong valve body. The checkballs fell. I found a diagram and put everything back and it worked great. The new valve body shifted the lightning very hard, felt real nice. While racing a GMC Typhoon the truck died after hitting red line at WOT in first gear. Now it won't shift out of first gear unless I left off of the gas. Also, the overdrive switch wasn't working, turned out to be just a fuse, replaced and overdrive switch works fine, all other fuses have been checked and they are OK. Any ideas on what might be wrong would be very helpful.

Thanks

Mike

Old 08-08-2005 | 09:44 PM
That sounds like what my truck is doing as well,when you let off the gas does it go into 2nd gear or is it going right to 3rd? what happens if you are going around 60 mph and you kick down does it hit 2nd or is it slipping? as it turns out I lost 2nd gear all together and the trans is wasted with only 7000 miles so once I get a little cash together I am getting the monster box from gregg. Its an expensive mod but its a good one and that will be one less thing to do down the road.

Old 08-08-2005 | 10:08 PM
|
That pretty much sounds like what mine does. However, I have not been up to 60 mph since the tranny started doing what it is doing. I've been a little nervous to drive it. On top of that I am taking it to a tranny shop on wed. If it needs a new trans and Ford won't pay for it, I am also going to get a monster box. It's expensive but at least you won't have to worry about this happening again.

Old 08-10-2005 | 08:36 PM
|
Turned out to be the FTVB that I ordered. Some part in there was stuck and was making my truck terrible to shift. The part was removed and put back to stock and now it runs great.

Quick Reply: Transmission help, again