Lightning

Lightning Victories and defeats??? Stories.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-1999, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Lightning Victories and defeats??? Stories.

I'm just curious about some lightning victory stories and perhaps defeats. anyone have any good ones?

Old 09-11-1999, 07:55 PM
Z71

Raced a built up 67 f-100 a couple weeks ago. The truck has a stock car race engine with 400+ horsepower.He had Never been beat.
Beat him 2- lengths BUT he did keep up with me after launch. Last weekend raced a 98 Firebird with i think a 400 but this time i got beat by 2-lengths. beat him at launch by 1 1/2 but he powered by. Got a chip and airsystem comming from Sal hope this will be enough but that Firebird is foe REAL

Old 09-11-1999, 11:48 PM
I've raced a '98 Viper and won - would have felt better but the guy got so surprised I took off like I did he missed a gear I work with him so it makes a good "rubbing in" point. We're both looking for a rematch - which I'm sure to lose.

Oh, there's the 19/20 year old with the "souped up" 5.0 Mustang LX. Took two light-to-light runs for him to get the point. I think the term "to' up" come to mind here.

Not to sure of my other victories as most are unintentional I sit at the light... someone beside me... I go - just "normal" take off - AC on - Girlfriend in the truck - listening to the radio ... I get to the next light and they motion for me to roll my windows down and ask "What the heck is in there - I couldn't keep up." Usually new chevys or dakotas.

Haven't had the chance for any real races - I plan to take it to a local drag strip to see once I get the guts to put my $30K baby out there.

Like MRBBQMAN said - some people think the Lightning is a pick-up truck

------------------
| '99 White Lightning + SuperChip
| '97 F-150 XLT (for sale)
| '99 Grand Prix GTP (gathering dust)
| '98 Grand AM GT (for the lady)

[This message has been edited by RoLightning (edited 09-12-1999).]

Old 09-12-1999, 02:45 AM
It was early morning and I was headed to an afterparty with a friend. Some other friends were in a van next to us, and we just cruised side by side down the freeway. There was hardly anyone on the freeway by now.

For some reason, this Ford Explorer cuts me off big time, on purpose, as he had wide open lanes in front of him, maybe he just thought I had a F-150 V6? LOL

So anyways I was pretty amp'd from the party, and decided not to let him get away with it. What I did was quite cruel. I would pass him, cut him off, slow down, let him try to pass me, pass him again, cut him off again, slow down, let him try to pass, etc. . .

I must've done this to him about 10 times, our other friends had already exited the freeway, I had gotten carried away. So my friend and I were laughing our heads off as we basically "trapped" them on the freeway.

Then, my conscience got to me, so I let off, and exited. They made a sharp turn right behind me, so I knew that it wouldn't be over. As soon as we hit the red light after the ramp, 3 big dudes jumped out of the car ready to throw blows.

It was just me and my friend, he was 50 lbs. heavier than me, but at least 50 lbs. lighter than the smallest guy standing there, if you know what I mean. So, out of desperation, I grabbed my club, which splits into two very powerful weapons. My friend, who is normally very mellow, went ballistic, screaming he was gonna kill everybody and swinging the club. Before I even got to the other side of the car, the 3 big dudes had jumped back in their car and drove off. This all happened in a matter of seconds, before the light even turned green.

That was such a close call, and I'm really glad nothing happened, because we probably would have caused some serious injuries.

I definitely learned a lesson that night - always have a club in your car even if you don't really use it No, really, I learned an eye for an eye is fair, but more than that and you sink to the level of the other guy.

Today I got cut off by a beemer, and let him get away with it. Guess I'm growing up a little . . .

Mike

Old 09-12-1999, 07:31 AM
Kinda' beats my viper story

Try this one on - I was crusing up the road when this old lady in a toyota something came flying up behind the car next to me at the light. When the car in front of her wasn't fast enough leaving the light, she started blowing the horn and then decided she needed to pass him. The one problem, I was there when she tried to move over. Of course I blew the horn - and the old lady flipped me off and yelled something.

Well thats not the good part. The other car in front of her turned onto the Interstate on-ramp and she "rocketed" by. At the next light I was right beside her and I couldn't resist making eyes with her. When I looked over she yelled asking if "I had a *********g problem." Well that kicked off about a 15 second barrage of not so nice words to the lady. (Road Rage scale 1-100: me = 99.5 at that point )

But wait, it gets better. The lady then reaches down next to her and pulls out a gun! Well, she points it at me and I begin to laugh at her histerically. See - she kinda' forgot to take the little suction cup out of her toy gun. After laughing at her for a second, I pulled out my weapon - a cell phone and called the Highway Patrol. I was late for my mom's birthday party or I'd have followed her until the HP showed up just to get her hauled off to jail.

But, on the serious side, like BRIMSTONE, I think I grew up a little after that. Next time I'll probably just laugh it off, and go on. Who knows what would have happened if the gun was real! Hate to think about that...

------------------
| '99 White Lightning + SuperChip
| '97 F-150 XLT (for sale)
| '99 Grand Prix GTP (gathering dust)
| '98 Grand AM GT (for the lady)

Old 09-12-1999, 10:47 AM
Wow, these are better than any of my Lightning stories. Reminds me, however, of a good lesson that it took me years to learn: Never underestimate your opponent; always assume he/she is armed to the teeth and has the will to follow through; then react accordingly (i.e., go ahead and do it then or back off and re-engage another day).

Now, having said that, think I'll go cruise the streets and embarrass a Chevy or two.

Mike

Old 09-12-1999, 10:49 PM
Smile

I got a few suprised 4.6 mustangs on the street. Last Friday night I went to the local drag strip (1/8MI) to get some baseline numbers. I got a 96 or 97 Z-28 with a 9.31 first race. I also beat a mid 80's mustang 2 times with a 9.25 and a 9.18. I had alot of wheelspin and some friends that are there regular said that with some practice the truck should go 8.90's.

Old 09-15-1999, 05:21 AM
Not really to much to tell here,but guy at worked called me out.He wanted to run me at the dragstrip heads up.He has a 95Vette with gears,TB,stall,fullexhaust,and other bolt ons.We lined them up and all he saw was the tailgate the whole way down the track.He wanted to know what I had down to the truck but I was not telling.Said I had headers and flowmaster which I do hehe.

------------------
95Lightning(9psi boost)
NLOC MEMBER
Marcus Harrison

Old 09-15-1999, 07:34 PM
Brimstone & RoLightning: I don't know where you guys live but your are doing it on the edge. In this town the little old lady might well have had a real weapon. If I were you I would keep it in gear and room to run if one of those crazies wants to cause some problems.
Would hate to read about a bullet hole in a lightning; or one of you.

Good luck

------------------
97 F-150,4.6, Reg Cab, Flareside, Air Aid Kit, TransGo Shift Kit,
Superchips, Gibson Single Cat Back, ******* Bed Cover,
EGR Bug Shield, XL Full Length Running Boards,
Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Hellwig 2500# Overload Springs

Quick Reply: Lightning Victories and defeats??? Stories.