Lightning

BBC's Top Gear: SVT Lightning

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005 | 08:21 AM
ya know, I love top gear. I love the style and format of the show. This clip is the reason the have an american version and a british version. That my friends is 100% the british version. I do see why they dont buy our trucks. Brits pay out the *** for fuel, have smaller roads, and they just would not know what to do with them. sarcasim on* I mean if you can buy scented wood at the store, why chop it. I bet jeremy could heat his house for a month with all that wood.

sarcasim off*.
I still like the show, but its the american version i like. And they bash EVERY American made car cuz you know we dont know how to make cars that can handle. We just make cars that drive straight.

Chris

Old 08-11-2005 | 09:42 AM
I found the article regarding Clarkson's inability to seperate the alarm system from the Ford GT, thereby blaming the car for his problems. As you would expect, the tittybaby wanted his quid back so he could go purchase an ubergay car instead. :o

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...7058_1,00.html

JC "I have never profited from my position as a motoring journalist. And I never will."

Last edited by Master Of Pain; 08-11-2005 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-11-2005 | 11:33 AM
|
Wink

Well, there's your change, at the bottom.
Tell him to get rid of the GT and to buy a Lightning instead.

Old 08-11-2005 | 03:17 PM
I wonder how much super intelligent host guy liked his dinner that night after them logs in the bed crushed it on the ride home.

Old 08-11-2005 | 06:52 PM
The Lightning outperforms 99 percent of the cars on the road over here, the problem is that this opinionated motoring journalist gets to drive the other 1% at someone else's expense and likes to mouth off about it

As someone noted, what they were reviewing was a really bad right-hand drive conversion that butchered the interior and left the steering sloppy. I can't understand why anyone would pay to have that done - after all, driving the L you can see right over nearly every vehicle on the road here...

Old 08-11-2005 | 07:10 PM
I was enjoying it right up to the point where he painted Americans as incestuous bumpkins. It kind of lost it's appeal as humor after that. Of course, I've seen hillbillies with better teeth than his. I also got the impression that he spent rather a lot of time stalking Liz Hurley. The Lightning isn't the best vehicle for sneaking about.

Old 08-11-2005 | 08:11 PM
come on guys that was funny, they took the damn thing 4wheelin.

Old 08-11-2005 | 09:02 PM
I thought it was funny as hell. Incest, who’s your daddy now ****, where is my freaking sister when I need her…

Come on people, the shmuck took it four wheeling in the mud. Do you really think he knows “anything” about any performance vehicle? He proved he didn’t, he is a wannabe, someone who wishes he posses some knowledge on performance vehicles and reminds me of a friend at work that “thinks” he knows everything about every vehicle but yet got his *** handed to him by my Lightning against his Chevy SSR…

This shmuck only knows what someone tells him prior to show time or what he reads on the internet about performance, probably visited some SRT-10 site (come on jeff2001silver, you know that was funny)

Old 08-12-2005 | 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by mikef
. . . a really bad right-hand drive conversion that butchered the interior and left the steering sloppy. . . .
Dude, that is not from the conversion. Our steering is sloppy. We have some dustbin worm-and-roller or reciprocating ball job. Any proper steering is rack and pinion. If anyone made a R&P kit for our trucks, I'd be on it like a bum on a balony sandwich.

But just because he had one legitimate complaint does not make me any less repelled by Clarkson's coming out party on international TV.

DO NOT VIEW IT AGAIN! My ***** got an inch shorter just from watching it once.
(Which means that if I watch it twelve more times, I'll be eunuch like Clarkson.)

Quick Reply: BBC's Top Gear: SVT Lightning