Lightning

Weird Foglight Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005 | 08:59 PM
|
Weird Foglight Problem

Well I have a problem with my foglights. I had a cracked lens and kept driving with no lens so the assymbly cracked. I ordered 2 of the clear 87-93 mustang assemblies from 50resto.com and though they were not a direct fit, got them in there. What we did was use the old wiring harness from the old foglights, and put them in the new assemblies and flicked them on and all worked fine. Bolted them up and still worked fine. Went inside for a drink and came bout out to check everything over one more time, turned them on and no lights. I checked the 5 amp fuse and was still functional. I checked the fuse under the hood which was still functional. Next step I used the volt meter to check if there was power getting to the lights, no juice. Anybody have any clue why this would happen or where another relay is located? Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Josh

Old 08-10-2005 | 12:00 AM
did you check the fuse in the power distribution box? if you popping fuses you shorted out your connections.

Will

Old 08-10-2005 | 12:31 AM
|
If thats the fuse box under the hood then yes. I checked that fuse and the fuse under the steering wheel and both were functional. Any ideas? Thanks for the reply.

Josh

Old 08-10-2005 | 12:49 PM
Make sure you didn't hit the stalk with your arm and turned on the highbeams while leaning into the truck to turn on the lamps.........
Just a thought. -Mat-

Old 08-10-2005 | 06:43 PM
|
Nope high beams were not turned on, good thinking though because when I was pullin fuses I did happen to lean on the stalk. This is really confusing me, anybody else have any ideas? Thanks again for the help.

Josh

Quick Reply: Weird Foglight Problem