Lightning

Looking for Rocket Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-1999 | 02:05 PM
|
Wink Looking for Rocket Fuel

Mike Troyer writes in the 'Aftermarket/Computer Chips/Superchip and Fuel Economy' thread: “…will putting even higher octane gas in the tank with the "standard" Superchip cause increased engine power? So I just this minute called Ken at Superchips, and spoke to him at length about this. For normally-aspirated (meaning non-supercharged or turbocharged engines) gasoline engines in these Fords, you will *not* see any increased power after 94 octane, as a general rule, as they are programmed specifically for pump premium. Now, they can easily make a Superchip for 100 or 115 octane, or whatever, that's no problem. Ken did say, however, that in forced-induction motors (supercharged or turbocharged), you can very well see increased power with higher octane, because they are so much more sensitive to octane in general.”

I called Milan Dragway to inquire if they sell high octane fuel, but, they wern’t open yet (for tonight’s FME meet). Can we use bottled octane booster safely? Does anyone sell rocket fuel in southeast Michigan?

Old 09-16-1999 | 03:48 PM
Lightbulb

In SoCal, Unocal 76 has at least one station that I know about that stocks the higher octane racing fuels, 100 (which is perfect for the lightning), 110 and 118 (which are leaded). The 100 octane is $4.50/gal.http://www.angelfire.com/images/animate/spotting.gif

[This message has been edited by Steve Bopp (edited 12-26-1999).]

Old 09-16-1999 | 05:20 PM
Cool

STEVE BOPP

I am interested in the location of the 76
station you spoke of. Thanks,LWP

Old 09-16-1999 | 06:02 PM
DH - Please e-mail me at:

Topcat14@netscape.net

I have some info on fuel.

Thanks - Chuck

Old 09-17-1999 | 05:15 AM
Hey Guys,
Milan Dragway sells racing fuel!!! Leaded and unleaded. They have 105 to 120.

------------------
1995 White Lightning
Vortech Supercharged
Pro-M Mass-Air
Level 10 Torque Converter
E.L.D. Quad Shock Kit
Crane Ignition
Lunati Roller Cam

Old 09-18-1999 | 12:37 AM
Houston Raceway Park sells Sunoco (the only Sunoco pumps I've seen in Texas) 104 unleaded that my truck really likes. They also have 107 and 112 octane leaded. The 104 octane is 4.50 a gallon but does seem worth the difference. Made my truck a whole lot more responsive and pull like a b_stard throught the top of 2nd and all of 3rd.

I have used 104+ octane boost for years in different applications and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, it seems to depend largely on the motor. I have used it a couple of times in the Lightning, but really couldn't tell a marked difference.

Just my .02 worth.....

------------------
Chuck 'Wyldman' Shelton
Black 99.5 Lightning
Lojack
Superchipped!
G-Tech/Pro
SnugLid
BedRug
Invinca-Shield, full kit.
NOS KIT DEFINITLY - parts ordered, that RT is gonna wish he never sandbagged me!

Quick Reply: Looking for Rocket Fuel