Lightning

Winter Driving

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005 | 10:49 PM
I try and take my L out in the winter once a week to keep the battery charged up and the fluids moving - as long as there's no ice and snow and salt on the road - it there is, it's sits in the garage until it's gone. My "daily driver" is a 1994 Ranger, 4WD, 3 litre, 120k miles that gets about 20mpg - and at over $2.50 a gallon here for 93 octane is a dollar saver there. As long as its keeps running, I'll keep it - and it sure saves wear/tear on my L - and insurance on it is'nt bad.

Old 08-11-2005 | 01:10 PM
|
Originally Posted by Speedin Bob
SBG,

Excellent. Just be mindful of the Z'ville constabulary. They'll give ya a ticket in a second. Been there, paid that.

There a group of L owners (and an HD) in Indy and surrounding area that get together a couple times a month. Check out the INSANE forum on NLOC. Linky

Bob
Hey Bob. Thanks for the warning. The street I use to get home from work is posted @ 25MPH! The Zionsville boys hangout there and give out many tickets. Do you know how hard it is to keep an L under 25MPH! I'm also very interested in hooking up with the other L owners in the area. I'll check out the link. If you have any more info, don't hesitate to pass it on.

Old 08-12-2005 | 06:06 AM
I live in Erie and drive my Acura TL in the winter. FWD and traction control with all season tires. We get lots of snow and no probs for me. I store the L in the garage. I keep a battery tender on it all winter and start it once a month, run the a/c, for about 30 min.. the garage is heated so it stays nice and warm...
Dana

Quick Reply: Winter Driving