Lightning

mid life crises

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-1999 | 07:07 AM
|
Cool mid life crises

I just picked up a black beauty today. WOW! What a truck. After following this board for quite some time, its nice to actually join the fraternity. I was originally going to wait for a 2000 but my 88 f150 ( 255,000 miles ) bit the dust. I spent the past few days trying to decide what to get to replace my workhorse.Slim pickens for reg f150s as far as 99 models go and only a few 2000 so far and i havn't seen a lightning on a lot around here for months!I was bummed, if i bought new f150, there goes the dream of the lighting for a few years. While searching the internet yesterday i found a lightning at dealer near San Francisco that had one left. My wife and I drove over today and was able to cut deal within a 1/2 hr. Like the rest of you , you couldn't remove the smile from my face with a crowbar.My wife said happy birthday since i will turn 45 in two weeks. I never would have thought my mid life crises car would turn out to be a truck!!!! Brad

Old 09-19-1999 | 08:02 AM
Middle age American male's dream.
Mine turned out to be a hot rod boat a few yrs ago, NOT ENOUGH!!!! Had to have a new truck and it was the Lightning I wanted for yrs. Now after 2 months I want a Harley, almost have the wife talked into it.

------------------
1999 Black Lightning SVT all options, (Factory soft tonneau cover, 6 Disc CD, Class III towing hitch), Loyd one piece floormat (Fits well, looks good), Tail light covers (Killer painted black to match), Black spray in bed liner (looks very good), Windows tinted gray 15% on doors, Dark Limo on back glass, Ordered 1st truck 1/21/99 till salesman told me a $5000 premium would be added, On the same day ordered second truck 2/24/99 (BEFORE getting my check back), Took delivery 6/21/99 After MANY many MANY promised ETA dates, Build date of 5/20/99

Old 09-19-1999 | 09:36 AM
gp
hey svt54sc,the harley will be a toy like your truck. once you get one you want never want to do with out.if you can afford it i would by any of the big ones, not a sporster. its like compering a f150 to a lightning.

Old 09-19-1999 | 05:37 PM
Hey luv2put,

Congratulations and welcome to the group!!

And gp,

The Sporty is a great bike (and the fastest stock Harley)! But you're right. It would just be a matter of time before you would want to move up to a Big Twin.

A Harley (any model) and a Lightning. I Can't imagine a better combination!

Mike Philpott
'99.5 Black Lightning
'94 Black Harley FXLR

Old 09-19-1999 | 10:04 PM
gp
well,f150svt how about a 65 cobra and a78 460 powered pro street fairmont?i have a bad habit of not wanting to sell my better toys.

Old 09-20-1999 | 10:07 AM
Wow, gp, you got me there - Great cars! I guess when it comes right down to it, most of us love just about any and every thing automotive - and that includes cars, trucks, boats, airplanes, motorcycles, you name it. If it's got an engine, we want to hop it up and go racing.

Mike

Old 09-20-1999 | 01:08 PM
My brother called last week to tell me a guy in his neighborhood just got a black Lightning. I stopped by to tell him about the Milan meet (he was worried he wouldn't make it back in time to watch the Meeechigan game). Turns out the guy also has a black C5, a black S-10 Sport (daily driver) and 2 black Harleys, every one low milage and pristine. He's worried about which one(s) to park on the street.

Quick Reply: mid life crises