Lightning

Milan Dragway Gathering

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-1999, 10:46 PM
PFA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Milan Dragway Gathering

Very nice to meet everyone and see such a great turnout. Would like to see it happen more frequently. We finally can put faces with names.
FYI, came in 3rd in street series for those of you that couldn't stay all day.

------------------
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
PFA
'99 WHITE LIGHTNIN'
RHINO, Soft cover
LoJack
Valentine 1
Mobil 1
Superchip

Old 09-18-1999, 11:05 PM
Congrats!
Thanks for the decal. Some of us driving alone wanted to bail before it got too dark. My husband is now 12th out of 73 teams for Softball tournament, (has to play again tomorrow-too bad I don't have an excuse as good as Milan not to go) so it was a worth while day for all of us!

------------------
"Moonlight Blue" 98 F150 SC XLT 2WD 4.6, 3.55 LS Tow Pkg. SUPERCHIP, K&N Airbox mod. w/ "Cool" intake, Mobil One Oil, Bosch +4's. Lund Fastback, Lighted visor, Runninng Boards, Crome Taillight covers, Smoked Bug and Rain guards, Shelf-it, Carpet dash cover, Red Wings license plate in front, Red Wings license plate frame in back, Little Detroit Viper hanging from mirror, Oh yeah, and one "Blacked-out" grill
LOOK-OUT! Can't jump curbs anymore RB's make it look lowered! http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/daytona/843/

Old 09-19-1999, 12:55 AM
Well I would of gotten there sooner, but my nitrous bottle decided to explode and wreck a little havoc into the trunk of the Cobra. But I did arrive around 7:00pm seen a white and black Lightning (with ram air type of hood) do a few runs. I would of like to seen the yellow gt that was trailored in on a red 99.5 Lightning run, heard it was doing 11's.... Maybe next time.......
------------------
Jim
96 Black Cobra,
K&N,OffRoad H-Pipe
NitrousExpress 150 shot
Soon to have a stroked 351W
1999.5 Black Lightning
No Mods yet

[This message has been edited by NXCobra (edited 09-19-1999).]

Old 09-19-1999, 04:23 AM
Talking

Had a great time at the track. Thanks PFA for the static cling decal!

I ran a new personal best with my 4.2L V6 Auto, at 16.26 @ 84.4! I am pretty happy with this time as my '97 5.4L could only go 16.02 @ 82!

It was great seeing so many '99 Lightnings in one spot too!

I saw the "Great Sardini" in his '95 Yellow GTS Mustang too. He ran a 10.18 @ 137 with a 60' off by 2 tenths from his usual. The track he ran the 9.96 on Friday night was Norwalk by the way, not St. Thomas.

------------------

Old 09-19-1999, 10:46 AM
btw I used a pano cam for the red lightnings so if any of you know what car you were making a pass next to, I may be able to id your truck, when I post the pics. Or if you see your truck on my site with out your name, just email me and I will add your name (and any details you want) to the pic.

Old 09-19-1999, 01:12 PM
Cool

Great turnout everyone. A special thanks to PFA and family for the static decals, cloaker99 and wife for the iron-ons, and everyone else with their knowledge of our trucks! Congratulations PFA on your 3rd place! BABolt - that's one fine looking truck (and thanks for the picture)!

NXCobra: We talked to the guy with the yellow Mustang who had a red Lightning for his tow vehicle - he only made one run (10.11) because he said the track was too slippery.

My son Rob said it was a birthday to remember - I let him make one run with the truck (he beat my RT).

Thanks to all - Chuck

Old 09-20-1999, 09:46 AM
Cool

Hello Everybody,
We had an excellent time at Milan, we really have to do this more often. It was fun putting faces to the names. Now I have to learn how NOT to fall asleep at the tree (horrible reaction time). It was definately a great experiance. Hope to see you soon.
Jim Bennett

------------------
99.5 Red Lightning, black Rhino,
Superchipped (Thank you Mike)

Old 09-20-1999, 10:47 AM
What kind of times did you guys get?
I ran at Great Lakes Dragaway Sunday, and was the only 99 there. I consistantly ran 14.0 times at 99+ MPH. The weather was warmer, and the track didn't hook up quite as well as Rte. 66 where I ran my best to date, a 13.846 @ 99.86.
There were about a half a dozen 1st Generation Lightnings there, one was supercharged and running low 13's, most of the others were coming in in the mid 15's.
There were lots of nice fords running (Ford Days)including a restored 55 Crown Vicky which ran in the 16's. Overall, it was a very fun day.

Lightning Bob

Old 09-20-1999, 03:07 PM
DHFerguson,

Nice ETs.

I didn't talk times with you on Saturday. My best of 3 runs was 14.12. For that, I launched off the brakes at 1200 RPM. FYI I was running 34 PSI in the tires. I was slower off idle, and from 2000 RPM.

Do you launch from idle, or use the brakes? What about your tire pressures?

I am going to be back at Milan real soon. Probably on Wed. 9/29 for testing. I still have no business in a race until I get some consistency.

Regards,
Gordon

Old 09-20-1999, 05:22 PM
Exclamation

BABolt: Would you please be more specific where you posted the pix of our get-together? I can't figure out where you put them - without some help. By the way, thanks for the disc you gave me - I have it setup as my wallpaper through MS-Paint.

Later - Chuck

Old 09-20-1999, 05:24 PM
Gordon (BadDog)-

Nice to meet you at Milan.

I put several gallons of 104 octane fuel in at the track ($4.25/gal - ouch!) then spun the tires and shut it off a couple times (to get the computer to learn per the SVT engineer that was there Thursday night). I ran the front tires at 40PSI and the rears at 20. At the line I spun the tires away from the water to clean them off. Brake torqued it to about 1,500 RPM then launched. I'm pretty slow (.7 to .9 reaction times) so it hurt me in the race, but not in ET/MPH. Wheel spin was minimal.

-Dave Ferguson

Old 09-20-1999, 05:49 PM
Dave,

Thanks for the tips.

I'll have to try that learnin' thing. who says you can't teach a BadDog new tricks?

Regards,
Gordon

Old 09-21-1999, 12:49 AM
I made 3 runs Saturday a Milan. All were 14.0x @ 98.5x. Very consistant, and the tires hooked up better than most of my runs at the FME meet last Thursday where my best time was 13.88 and best MPH was 100.0. I'm still dead stock (waiting on UPS/Floyd for my Superchip).

Quick Reply: Milan Dragway Gathering