Lightning

Weird Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005 | 11:07 PM
|
Weird Question

Hey guys, Im sure some of you are goin to hate my idea but I think it might actually look good. As alot of you know Mustangs have those "chinlip" coverings to protect the front bumper from being scratched when entering parking lots and what not, as well as help keep the front end down when goin high speeds.

Well my Question is has anyone with a lightning done this ?? The other day I scratched the bottom of my damn bumper again, and I just hate doin it...I hate being one of those people that come to a complete stop on the main road to pull into a parking lot, but I'm slowly becoming one of them so I dont scratch anymore. I was thinkin of taking the flat black chin lip from say an 03/04 Mach 1 mustang and adapting it to my truck.

If any of you have done this please post some pics as I'm curious to how it would look on the L. What you guys think of the idea ??

Josh

Old 08-11-2005 | 11:11 PM
The part you are speaking of is a lip spoiler. Its main use is for downforce/to direct airflow at high speeds. Im not sure it will do what you hope. Most I have seen are made of fiberglass or carbon fiber. And while great looking on some cars they are not the most sturdy of parts. A friend ordered one for his car and the box was perfect but the piece was broken in two very distinct halves...smack it on one driveway or parking lot entrance and you will be shopping for a replacement.

Old 08-11-2005 | 11:14 PM
|
I've seen a few made of rubber, just to help protect the front bumper....Some of these roads in Ny are just hell and I thought it might be something good to try and protect the bottom of the bumper.

Old 08-12-2005 | 02:53 PM
|
ttt

Quick Reply: Weird Question