So many lightning owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-1999 | 11:51 AM
|
Exclamation So many lightning owners

South carolina must not have got its share of
Lightnings.
I have only seen one.
Yet a good percentage of the members here are lightning owners.
How many lightnings are out there?
How many regular F150s out there for each Lightning?
I see tons of regular F150s here in SC but only one Lightning spotting.
I thought they were extremely rare but the Lightning member count says otherwise.
When I was shopping for my F150 in June i didn't even see 1 Lightning on any of the 3 dealers I shopped at.
Pullium Ford is the Largest dealer in the southeast and I've never seen one there.
Did any of you order your lightninig or do you have to buy it off the lot?
Can you order a Lightning?

------------------
99 XLT 5.4L reg cab
4x2 120" Wheelbase
4 wheel disc brakes/ABS
5 star larait style wheels
Toreador Red/Silver
3.55 gears 255/70/16 OWL
Delta toolbox
Eclipse 5340 cd player
Memphis ARCS50 component speakers w/tweeters mounted flush in the door panels (excellent sound)
Sherwood 35x2 RMS amp for components.
Jensen 50x2 RMS for subs.
2 6.5" Bazooka tubes
Lowering shackles?
Columbia SC

Old 09-19-1999 | 04:53 PM
I live up in Boston and just had to trade my 99 lightning in towards a 99 F250 4X4,new job forced me to get a different truck but there is a dealer with 3 new 99 lightnings plus a used 99 with 1800 miles selling for $28000.The lightning was a great truck but in Boston its a seasonal truck down South it can be used year round.SVT will be making a total of 24000 lightnings over 6 years chances are you'll see more of them around,Ford is also making a Harley Ford for next year kind of a Lightning with an extend a cab with 20" rims.I also read that Dodge is making a truck and experimenting with the Viper engine in it, probably in the next few years they'll be all sorts of sport trucks out there.

Old 09-19-1999 | 06:54 PM
The Harley F-150 is a nice looking truck and those 20 inch wheels are cool. Only thing about the Harley truck, however, is that it does not have an Eaton supercharger sitting between the cylinder banks. Or the Lightning's F250 sourced ABS brakes. Or its modified Powerstroke tranny. Or its special suspension. Or its ground effects. Or its unique interior. And, of course, because of all this missing hardware, not much of its ground shaking performance either.

Otherwise, it looks good, has additional interior room, and will probably cost close to a Lightning.

Mike

Old 09-20-1999 | 12:07 AM
Exclamation

There were 4,000 Lightnings scheduled for '99. Each SVT dealer should have gotten 6 or 8. I know of at least a dozen sold around here. So far I've only seen 1 other besides mine and that was just a few days ago. When you figure Ford produces something like 3/4 million trucks every year 4k is but a small percentage. I think all the Lightning owners hang out here because I've only seen one other place (besides BON) for Lightning owners to post.

------------------
Red 99.5 Lightning,#0975,Born 5/6/99...Adopted 5/27/99 Chipped w/SuperChip Flipchip chip, Mobil 1

Old 09-20-1999 | 12:39 AM
Sal here. Lightning's are only sold through SVT dealers. If all of the dealers you visited were not SVT dealers, then none of them would have had any Lightnings. The reason there are so many Lightning owners here, is because this is a Lightning discussion list. Not to say that you are not welcome here, but since this is the Lightning forum, naturally all the Lightning owners will come here as opposed to going on the regular F-150 forum.

SAL

Old 09-21-1999 | 10:14 PM
Someone had told me that they were building a Lightning version of that Harley F-150. I gather then that there is no truth to this rumour???

Anyone know?

Old 09-22-1999 | 09:15 AM
First I've heard of it, but wouldn't be a bad idea in my opinion.

However, a Lightning/Harley F150 would have to be built somewhere other than the Oakville truck plant where all Lightnings are currently assembled because they don't do extended cabs there. This would cost Ford a lot of $$ to set up, and for a limited production vehicle it's probably not in the cards.

Of course, I believe that an extended cab Lightning (Harley version or no) would sell like hotcakes and make FMC very happy. However, I don't work for Ford and, with logical thinking like that, probibly never will.

Mike

Old 09-22-1999 | 03:54 PM
Or, you could buy the Harley F150 when it comes out then take it to Roush or Steeda for one of their packages. I don't think FMC is going to offer a Harley package then add an extended Lightning anytime soon.

Quick Reply: So many lightning owners